Fallout 4: Graphics,Performance & TweakingGuide

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout 4: Graphics,Performance & TweakingGuide

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    RJK_
    Participant

Hi there, i think this is the ultimate help to tweak Fallout 4 to best performance. Site has nice visual comparance.
    https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/fallout-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

RJK_
    Participant

If you are into lock picking and your locks are invisible (note: its not a vorpX problem, its a games problem) make the following ini changes to make them visible again.

Edit My Documents\My games\Fallout 4\Fallout4.ini

Change sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\,
    to: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, INTERFACE\

under [Interface] add:
    fLockPositionY=100.0000
    fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateZ=-18.5000
    fUIPowerArmorGeometry_TranslateY=460.0000

tested with Borderless FullScreen up to 3200×2600

Ralf
    Keymaster

There is a much easier way to solve this issue: don’t disable DirectVR auto resolution. ;) You would never have encountered this problem if you hadn’t disabled that. Alternatively set a resolution just a little bit wider than 4:3, e.g. 3216×2400.

BTW: With the next update DirectVR will support resolutions up to 2400p instead of the current max. of 1680p.

RJK_
    Participant

Oh no, i almost was gonna guess something like that. Me and my testing mania – thanks for the info Ralf !

bob24
    Participant

do you find vorpx fallout better than the actual fallout vr
    I am trying to find out if I want to buy the original fallout 4 or the fallout vr.

steph12
    Participant

fallout 4 VR for me is better.
    but if you have fallout 4 already AND a powerful computer then using vorpx with fallout 4 (and mods) can be great.

my rule is, if i can get a game running natively in VR i will always buy it.

the magic of vorpx is playing in VR games who will probably never have a vr patch from developpers, and vorpx for this is just pure awesomeness.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If I may chime here:

For playing roomscale style the native port is the better choice.

For playing seated and/or using mods that require the Fallout 4 script extender vorpX is the way to go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!