Fallout 4 – Issue with Camera Movement

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4 – Issue with Camera Movement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vaengence
    Participant

I am not entirely sure if that title is the most correct, but I have setup Fallout 4 now to the point where I think I may be happy to play most of the game – though I am still testing.

Early on I noticed that when I was talking to the Vault Tec guy, the conversation suddenly became really close to each person talking and it was like I was looking past their waste. This happens anytime it moves into one of those auto conversations.

I figured I could deal with that. I entered my vault chamber and on entry, the camera panned out and moved through half the vault before settling on an area behind my actual vault and I was looking through the walls.

After getting out of the vault, and doing another tour of the vault before getting control of the character again, everything was fine for a while and was actually having fun – until I went to sit down at a console (terminal). Upon attempting to activate the console, the camera moved, panned right then down and sat on the floor and it stays in this position on every terminal I try to use making it impossible to see or interact with them. At this point I have to switch out to Cinema mode so I can see what is happening.

Does anyone know what is causing this camera to go wild and into strange places and whether there is any fix for it, or do I have to live with switching to cinema mode each time this happens?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Try to disable Positional Direct VR. It writes directly into a game’s memory address for camera position and it’s possible that it causes your issues. With Geometry 3D you still have the normal positional tracking, so it’s not too much of a loss.

I’ll check whether that happens regularly and if so whether something can be done about it. Might not be resolvable though.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!