Fallout 4 looks zoomed and screen flickers

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4 looks zoomed and screen flickers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    peteostro
    Participant

Playing fallout 4 and it looks zoomed it. Used game optimizer and checked the ini file and it says FOV 120. Tried a bunch of voprx settings but can not get it to no look zoomed in. Also when playing the screen is flicking black allot (Does not happen in Theater mode)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Compensate for the rest by zooming out a little bit more with the vorpX Image Zoom. vorpX ingame menu or SHIFT MOUSEWHEEL.

Flickering usually occurs on the Vive when the framerate falls below 45fps. OpenVR is more picky in this regard than Oculus. 45fps are the minimum that you need to achieve in almost all cases on Vive.

pnutz4
    Participant

Am having same issue with FOV. When in game I hit console command and type in FOV 120 it looks fantastic. When I close command console it zooms the view back in and resets. I tried using the refreshini command but it still zooms in. Any suggestions?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The FOV has to applied to the game’s .ini. That can be done automatically by using the Game Optimizer in the vorpX config app.

peteostro
    Participant

Am having same issue with FOV. When in game I hit console command and type in FOV 120 it looks fantastic. When I close command console it zooms the view back in and resets. I tried using the refreshini command but it still zooms in. Any suggestions?

Ah I remember this now!

Raf, Fallout 4 is for some reason not pickling up the FOV 120 from the ini. and you need to enter this into the console each time you play the game. I remember this from using this on the DK2

Issues That May Arise With Fallout 4

Problem: FOV is still quite crap.

Solution: Try changing FOV through console. When in-game, press “~” key and type “fov 140” (without quotes). That will make your FOV good, but when you close the console, background goes back to zoomed in. To fix this, go back to console and type “refreshini” (without quotes).

http://riftinfo.com/how-to-setup-vorpx-and-oculus-rift-for-fallout-4-perfectly

Personal I like FOV of 140 and Letter Box 2 in Vorpx settings. Still has a semi zoom in feel though. Another thing that sucks is the VR sickness from spinning around and moving so fast with out your actual body doing it. I though I was over that but I guess I’m not.

Geoman
    Participant

fov 120 120

should help

peteostro
    Participant

fov 120 120

should help

Yup that did work. dont have to do refreshini after that. Thanks!

Ralf
    Keymaster

That sounds great. I will try that and add an “Adjust FOV” button similar to Skyrim to the vorpX menu if it works reliably.

Geoman
    Participant
    fov 120 120
    saveini
    pnutz4
    Participant

fov 120 120

should help

OMG!!! You are the man!! Ralf you are a genuis!! I love VR!!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Geoman is the genius here. This will be added as a single click soultion shortly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!