Fallout 4 Scanner

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4 Scanner

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    baggyg
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

Firstly I would like to say how incredibly impressed I am with the latest driver. Its a really polished experience. Fallout 4 is a real standout where it honestly feels as close to a native experience as I think possible. I can see myself spending a lot of time in VorpX.

One small issue is the “direct tracking” scanner. When I run it I get a small pause and then a “ding” sound, but after that tracking is lost. I’ve tried rerunning it quite a few times and as yet have never been able to get it working. Is there something I need to do? The other issue is once that is pressed I cannot seem to switch back to mouse/gamepad emulation. My trials have always been at the start of the game in your house where the guy knocks on the door.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Are you? That’s nice to hear, thanks. The whole thing was hacked together within two days, expect a more polished experience in this regard in the future.

baggyg
    Participant

Fair enough – ill stick with mouse emulation for now. Apart from onscreen gamepad prompts it does most everything I need

Ralf
    Keymaster

You should be able to use the gamepad through vorpX’s gamepad emulation. I think it’s on per default and preconfigured to match the native gamepad mapping as close as possible.

The advantages of Direct Head Tracking are smaller than you might think BTW. Especially the lantency advantage you probably expect only applies to a limited number of games, maybe not even half of games overall.

I was pretty sure about that for years considering what vorpX exactly does when mouse emulation is active. But obviously couldn’t say anything without proof.

baggyg
    Participant

Yes, I have been using the gamepad and the emulation works very well. And to be honest at 90hz in Rift CV1 and whatever wizardry you have going under the hood the mouse emulation feels like there is absolutely no lag at all. (I actually don’t notice any difference between tracking in Fallout 4 and native games)

All I meant was that in fallout 4 without emulation the onscreen prompts show “A button” instead of “Left Mouse Button”. Its a very very minor thing (and also only applies to a couple of games) and something I am sure after 5 minutes I won’t even notice it.

As I said nothing but positives this end. Been using the desktop viewer as well to watch videos etc. Certainly VorpX customers are getting a lot for the money. Credit where credit is due. If I didn’t own have Vorpx I would buy it again, no question.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!