Fallout 4…Trouble since the last update?

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout 4…Trouble since the last update?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fredthehound
    Participant

Hi all,

Anyone else having trouble since the last update? Fallout 4 now crashes whenever I try loading it. I’ve been screwing with Skyrim for the last week or so and when I got back to playing F4 the other day it just refused to cooperate. I dumped my prefs/config files and re did them/redid the VorpX config so they are fresh just in case. No luck. Advice/help appreciated.

Edit to clarify: It runs fine on a monitor, it’s just crashing with VorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please check whether you have the latest nVidia driver (372.54). I had an issue here with extremely frequent crashes on a GTX1080 machine with the driver before that after the latest big Windows 10 update (“Anniversary”). The same probably also applies to your Titan. Trying to find a cause for this cost me almost a week of work… The 372.54 nVidia driver solved it 100% here.

Fredthehound
    Participant

Hi Ralf,
    Nope, no luck. I’m on those drivers.

From what I am reading on the net, 372.54 is causing a ton of problems on the Rift so I’d be surprised if they arent causing my Vive problems as well. I’ll wait for the next update from Nvidia and see if anything changes, then try a fresh reload.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably something different then. The driver issue applied to almost every game, not just Fallout 4 and was Vive exclusive, Rift always worked. Usually games crashed after a short time in the game (<1 minute).

Just did a little test run with the latest FO4 (~10 minutes running across the map, GTX1080, Vive), but nothing to report except being killed by one of those giant mosquitos, which really look disgusting up close…

So maybe it’s indeed something Titan exclusive. If it only happens in FO4, something game config related seems more likely to me though. The usual drill for any Bethesda game would be to first and foremost get rid of any mods for testing, especially those using a script extender or (ENB) graphics enhancements.

Fredthehound
    Participant

I’m pretty modded up so it’s entirely possible/probable. I added a few mods since I last played it in VorpX so it could be any number of them. There have also been a couple updates to SKSE lately due to some Bethesda changes and there will be another coming for sure after Nuka World releases next week.

I think I’ll stick to Skyrim on Vive until after Nuka and SKSE get sorted then just reload and re-mod one at a time until I find the issue if it resurfaces.

I just learned my AIO/NZXT Krakens from my 390s will work on the Titan so thats the next project. They say a stable/solid 2080 to 2100mhz on water is pretty common now that a few guys have waterblocked or AIO’d them so I’m looking forward to another good boost in power. My God this card is a monster. And it’s still BIOS locked on voltage.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!