Fallout New Vegas

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fallout New Vegas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JochenH
    Participant

I bought the ultimate edition on steam and installed it without mods. Profile hooks and it is very well playable.

Basically all works, but I want to use the controller instead of mouse and keyboard. XBOX controller already works, but has only partially the keys mapped. In VorPx menu I changed to controller and there were also options for the controller and I changed it the way it uses just the controller ( I dont remember how those options were named).

This also works, but head tracking then stopps. I can play on immersive screen and this is already playable, but I really want Full VR and head tracking. Head tracking before worked, only after I changed the controller configuration in the VorPX menu it was gone. How can I get this back?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The underlying issue here is that the game can’t handle simultanous mouse and gamepad input. Since vorpX per default emulates a mouse for head tracking it has to convert your gamepad input to mouse/keyboard input to deal with this issue.

There is an very easy method to improve things though in this case:

Make sure to run the DirectVR scanner as suggested by the instructions shown in the top/left corner of the game window. After a sucessful scan vorpX can directly access the game camera for head tracking and doesn’t have to use mouse emulation more. It will then automatically disable the gamepad override and you can use your gamepad natively.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!