Fallout NV and Metro Redux crash and/or DirectVR Crash

Homepage Forums Technical Support Fallout NV and Metro Redux crash and/or DirectVR Crash

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mariametro
    Participant

Hi team,

I’ve been using vorpx for a few years now across a variety of different machines and headsets and have never had any issue. Within the last couple of days I have been plagued by some oddball behaviour on games that have always been working fine for me.

Fallout New Vegas:
    DirectVR scan causes freeze and crash to desktop.

Metro 2033 / Last Light Redux:
    About 1 in 3 game startups won’t crash. Once in game, everything looks fine but DirectVR scan crashes to desktop.

Some other titles work perfectly fine (Mirror’s Edge / Dishonored) and DirectVR scan as intended. I use windows defender as my AV and have changed no settings on that side of things. I also added vorpx to its exclusions just in case some windows update made it overzealous.

I went the nuclear option and did a fresh install of win10 and the issues persists. I have also tried doing clean re-installs of vorpx inside and outside of the c: programs folder. No difference was discovered.

I’m using a valve index on a AMD 5950x, 64gb RAM and a RTX 3090 on Win10 64bit (21H1 OS Build 19043.1052)

I’m curious if anyone else has encountered similiar issues.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!