Far cry 4

Homepage Forums Technical Support Far cry 4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JESUSTAYS
    Participant

It looks amazing but could you work on the in vechile appropriate balanced scale ? Praise Jesus !

dellrifter22
    Participant

If you mean how the fov inside the vehicles feels way too zoomed in, Far Cry 5 is the same way. Vehicle/weapon/hand models seem to be fov locked, independent of world fov changes. Not sure anything can be done about this.

Best way I found to deal with it was to zoom the screen out until it felt more comfortable behind the steering wheel. This works best with immersive screen fully zoomed out to 1.00, or cinema mode around -0.15. Yeah you’ll see some bars on top and bottom of screen, but it can still be a neat 3D experience.

Speaking of 3D though…

@ Ralf: my brief testing in FC4 tonight showed Geometry no longer working. Pretty sure it used to work pre update.

Z3D works, but it’s having the exact problem I noticed with FC5 – ground textures are failing to load properly. I suspect this for all dx11 Dunia profiles. Something a simple tweak might fix?

Ralf
    Keymaster

This is a general 18.3.0 bug that affects all D3D11 G3D games with HUD scaling when run in Z3D mode. A hotfix will be released shortly.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Glad to hear.

And, did the Stage 9 thread get removed? I’ve been working a profile for it. Would it be a problem to post it?

Ralf
    Keymaster

No problem as long as you don’t link a Stage 9 download anywhere, neither here nor in the profile description. I’d like to avoid any potential issues in that regard. BTW: IIRC from an earlier version that had VR support it’s very badly optimized, so probably not an ideal candidate.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!