Far Cry 4 gamepad controls wonky

Homepage Forums Technical Support Far Cry 4 gamepad controls wonky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ptapang
    Participant

Hello, first I wanna say Vorpx is awesome! I just recently picked it up a few weeks ago so far all the games I have tried work great except Far Cry 4. For what ever reason when I try to use my Xbox one controller the buttons are all jacked. For example the LB button is like pressing esc, the sticks don’t work and the other face buttons are mapped to up down left right. is there any way to get the gamepad working with this game? I would use the vive controls but some of the buttons and functionality is missing.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please make sure to run the Direct VR scanner after entering the game. Afterwards the gamepad will work natively even in games where normally the vorpX gamepad override is used. IIRC in FC4 the gamepad emulation should be off anyway per default, but I might be mistaken.

The VR controller button mapping can be changed freely in the vorpX ingame menu, the same is true for the gamepad emulation.

ptapang
    Participant

Thanks for getting back so quick, I did run the direct vr scanner. you can map the gamepad emulation in the vorpx menu?

ptapang
    Participant

I found a forum and I think it might actually be an issue with this specific game (not vorpx) and the xbox controller. I’m gonna do some testing tonight and let you know what comes of it.

ptapang
    Participant

I tested some more and it seems like it’s an in game issue with Far Cry 4 and the Xbox one wireless controller, not vorpx. It can be resolved if you plug in the controller instead of using it wireless.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!