Far Cry 4 is amazing in vr!

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Far Cry 4 is amazing in vr!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ender772
    Participant

Wow…In its vanilla form FC4 looks as good as skyrim vr loaded with mods. And it just plays so smoothly in vr. I am blown away by how good everything looks but also how it feels. when i walk to the edge of a cliff i legit feel like im going to fall over.

giant.turnips
    Participant

I’m going to have to try Far Cry in VR, many people say they play well.

My only gripe is that they are all the same Ubisoft garbage. Copy/pasted buildings, filler content everywhere, and bases magically rebuild until you are given the quest to destroy that one specifically. At the same time, some of my most memorable shootouts have been in Far Cry. I just wish Ubisoft would stop churning out crappy clones (AC Valhalla!).

</rant>

mr_spongeworthy
    Participant

Far Cry Primal looks great and runs great through vorpX, but the game itself is definitely ‘meh’ in my book.

Ender772
    Participant

im with you..i played primal on flat screen a while ago. I kept trying to enjoy it but after about 6-7 hours i stopped playing and never looked back

luka2099
    Participant

You must play far cry 3 blood dragon!!! Its awsome!

ToxicMike
    Participant

Ubisoft garbage.

Then you have to either look for a different hobby or do it like myself: Having dozens of games installed and switching between titles every couple of days, to have at least some variety.

The industry is generally GARBAGE and too scared to try other formulas let alone trying something rather NEW and so we have dozens of GTAs, hundreds of CODs, thousands of FAR CRYs, millions of ASSASSINS CREEDs and billions of PUBGs.

Did i already mention all the REMAKES and REMASTERS these days?

Also, people always complain about UBI, but what is actually ROCKSTAR doing so great, besides releasing “GTA Games” every couple of years while improving graphics but sadly not the games, so then you have an open world game with great graphics but repetitive and boring gameplay. And yes, GTA V did something new and interesting with its 3-character-switching on the fly, but the missions were the same as boring and repetitive as GTA IV.

The last ROCKSTAR games i really had fun with was every GTA title besides GTA IV and V. RDRII wasn´t a game, it was a lame horse riding simulator with a better story and better characters than the actual game itself. But people obviously forgot about what “playing a game” actually means.

Regarding RDRII, thanks to VORPX i can really enjoy the title and also have fun with it while i can really say “great experience”, but without VORPX, i wouldn´t even bother with it.

Times when devs made videogames because they can make a living with doing what they love doing the most, are over. Today they make videogames to make lots of money and there is no time to bother with “new” stuff let alone someone would risk something, that are indie devs who actually try risky stuff.

So INDIES are our only hope, forget those AAA franchises and companies, those titles take 180 hours to complete with 100%, but are actually fun for approx. 3 hours.

giant.turnips
    Participant

The industry is generally GARBAGE and too scared to try other formulas let alone trying something rather NEW and so we have dozens of GTAs, hundreds of CODs, thousands of FAR CRYs, millions of ASSASSINS CREEDs and billions of PUBGs.

The big/huge games companies are like this yes (Ubisoft, Bethesda, RockStar EA) but we have loads of great titles coming out too. These big companies don’t consider games as art, they don’t make to be fun, they make games that tick the most money-making boxes which formula will be the easiest to digest for most people.

Also, people always complain about UBI, but what is actually ROCKSTAR doing so great, besides releasing “GTA Games” every couple of years while improving graphics but sadly not the games, so then you have an open world game with great graphics but repetitive and boring gameplay.

Ubisoft are on a whole new level though. All Ubisoft open-world games are copied/pasted with terrible cohesiveness. They don’t introduce enough mechanics or variations of the same mechanic to fill an open world. FC6 is a perfect example, every single roadblock is exactly the same, the same number of guards, the same patrol routes, the same buildings, and the same rewards. The only difference is that the level designers just rotate the model slightly. RockStar at least put some effort into the filler content, I’m sure Ubisoft just pick the first 3 mechanics they like and then say stick 50 of those into the world, 100 of those, 30 of those. Done – ship it!

A good example of an open world done right (although not without some repetitiveness) would be Horizon (ZD & FW), and my personal favourite Days Gone. The world in Days Gone was much smaller than FC6 but each base was designed specifically for the location it is placed, FC6 just flattens the terrain and plonks the generic base there.

Ubisoft arent just repeating the formula, they are taking the formula and stretching it out to four times its sustainable size, then filling the gaps with repetitive garbage. The world would be better without them IMO.

/rant.

Regarding RDRII

You know, I really appreciated the visuals of that game, the detail of the environment, the thought they put into every single area. However, I could never get into it, it just didn’t click for me. I felt no connection to any of the characters except the horse, I finished because I wanted to finish what I had started, but after the first 4/5 hours I played only the main missions just so it would end sooner.

So INDIES are our only hope, forget those AAA franchises and companies, those titles take 180 hours to complete with 100%, but are actually fun for approx. 3 hours.

Again, I will agree with what you say here. The only difference for me is that sometimes I just want more of the same. If a game style clicks with me I want more of it. Obviously, I would like to see advancements in that formula such as better AI, better branching stories, and so on and so forth. Perhaps a procedural generation algorithm which can produce a meaningful world that can also contain an actual story, I mean we have AI that can produce a fairly decent short story now, surely we can integrate something like that to give us more gameplay in the same world/universe.

Ender772
    Participant

so i have am enjoying 4 so much i thought i would grap far cry 6 while the sale was going on. I figured it would be really similar but with much better graphics…the weird part is the graphics look worse than 4. somehow.also the gameplay is not as good..what a bummer. its lousy on both fronts. but how is it worse than 4? that makes no sense graphically

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!