Far Cry : Blood Dragon problems

Homepage Forums Technical Support Far Cry : Blood Dragon problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    slydk1982
    Participant

I just got Blood dragon very cheap from Uplay and wanted to try it in vr.
    But no matter how I launch the game, vorpx tries to hook to file called fc3_blooddragon_d3d11_b.exe which is not supported by vorpx.
    So I get its trying to run in dx11, so I disabled dx11 in the options, but it still want to launch that file.
    Then I tried to make a custom profile based on the default blood dragon profile and added that to it.
    It then kinda works, I get the Directvr scan now. But it only scans rotation and not the fov.
    And the screen is extremely zoomed in. I have to put it in letterbox 2 and still zoom the screen a bit out to see anything. I then get black background all around the screen and it kills the immersion.

Is that the way it is intended?? Coz I wanted to buy Far Cry 3 & 4, but if I get the same results with those games I skip them.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Seems to be an issue with the .exe name, which probably breaks the whole profile (incl. FOV). I’ll look into it. It’s supposed to have both G3D and DirectVR FOV.

FC3/4 both have DirectVR FOV, head tracking and resolution.

In general: check the ‘Essential Hints Guide’ in the vorpX help to learn how to deal with FOV (“zoomed in”) if a game does not have DirectVR FOV. There may be better options than the vorpX image zoom. In this particular case you may be able to set the FOV in the game’s config file for example.

slydk1982
    Participant

Thanks Ralf :) I will be very happy if you can get it to work.
    I tried to rename the file, so it matched vorpx´s exe file. But it didnt really help :(

slydk1982
    Participant

Any news about a fix for this??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not yet, but I havn’t forgotten about it. Will be looked into before the next release.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looked into this today. You can download an updated profile from the cloud. Add fc3_blooddragon_d3d11.exe to the exclude list in the vorpX config app or it won’t work, only fc3_blooddragon_d3d11_b.exe is supposed to be hooked now.

Caveat: hooking is a bit of a lottery since fc3_blooddragon_d3d11_b.exe is being started twice by the Uplay launcher with one instance closing immediately after it launched. Quite odd. Sometimes vorpX hooks as intended, sometimes without HUD/shadow definitions working and sometimes not at all… Not sure if I can fix that without breaking a plethora of safety measures in the vorpX injector, so it probably will stay that way.

Whenever the initial loading screen (“Tracking…”), which vorpX recognizes as HUD/menu, appears scaled down to ~50% of the game window height everything should be OK.

BTW: Could you provide a set of savegames for the game? I’d like to check a point later in the game, but there aren’t any savegames available on the internet that work with the latest version.

slydk1982
    Participant

Thanks Ralf :) You are awesome :) I will try the new profile later, I still fight Borderlands 2 ;)

Im not very far into the game.. I just learned how to throw those hearts at the dragons.. You still want a savegame file?? And where should I send it to?

slydk1982
    Participant

@Ralf, I just tested this and still won´t work right. It still only scan rotation and the right eye is black.
    I tried multiple times but it does not change anything :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

The memory scan is rotation only, that’s perfectly fine. Not sure about the right eye issue though. Try both windowed/fullscreen. vorpX only hooked correctly if the loading screen (‘Tracking…’) appears scaled down to ~50% of the game window height

slydk1982
    Participant

Hmm.. Does not seem to make any difference :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Maybe it depnds on the level/location. Try to start a new game to check that. Also switching to Z3D may help.

I can’t really suggest anything else since the issue cannot be replicated here. Never encountered that while re-doing the profie a few days ago.

crhobbs42
    Participant

Hi, and correct me if I’m wrong, but this was the first game that I tried out, and only got it working once I ran the Vorpx launcher in admin mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You don’t need to run vorpX as admin unless you also run the game as admin. It’s generally better to only run vorpX as admin if necessary.

In case of injecton issues please first and foremost check for programs on your PC that may interfere by also hooking into games. In almost all cases that’s the cause of injection issues.

You can find more detailed information about potential candidates in the trouble shooting guide.

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

Got this today on epic and it wont hook.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The latest update on Uplay I got today when I launched the game doesn’t seem to work anymore either. I’ll take a look at it, but no promises. If possible I’ll fix it, otherwise it will be taken off the supported games list.

Short update: mystery solved, but no good news: instead of using a dedicated DX9 .exe like before the game now always runs through its DX11 .exe even if DX9 is selected in the graphics options. The profile would have to be redone completely to account for that. I’ve taken the game off the supported games page for now. It might come back later, but don’t hold your breath.

You might be able to hook it by removing ‘fc3_blooddragon_d3d11.exe’ from the excluded programs list in the vorpX config app, but even if that works, vorpX will not recognize the game, so 2D only without any features available a game with a profile would normally have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!