Far cry primal only adjusts rotation when using directvr

Homepage Forums Technical Support Far cry primal only adjusts rotation when using directvr

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mpmo
    Participant

It won’t adjust the FOV. It looks very zoomed in and weird. It’s like portal but before doing the directvr scan. And when I click on directvr scan, it only does head rotation. No FOV, no resolution, no positional tracking. Any fix for this..?

Also, is there any way to know ALL the games that have support for 3D geometry?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The field of view is set via editing the game’s .ini file. The Direct VR page of the vorpX menu shows information about the supported Direct VR features if any are available.

Please make sure to read all notifications that are shown by vorpX and always restart a game when you are prompted to do so. To apply edited .ini values a restart is usually required.

mpmo
    Participant

Ohh I see, thankssss! So are there different ways of editing the ini files for different games or are they all the same..? And is there any tutorial for editing the file? (I’m guessing the file is located in the same folder the exe is in, correct..?)

And so I don’t ask again for another game in the future, how do I know what games I have to edit the FOV myself with the ini file and which games I have to use other ways (like flawless widescreen for example)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Whenever vorpX can adjust the FOV automatically, either with an .ini edit or via memory scanning, you can see that on the Direct VR page of the vorpX menu.

mpmo
    Participant

ahaa, thanks. From this video you can see that for far cry, i have to change fov from the ini file (as you said) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfFDrc1aIDE

the default is 1.0, do you have any recommended values when you tried it..? if you don’t it is fine. Thanks for all the help nontheless!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You do not have to do it yourself for Far Cry 4/Primal, vorpX does that automatically.

You can check whether that is supported for a game on the Direct VR page of the vorpX menu. vorpX also shows a notification whenever it changes the FOV.

cercata
    Participant

I think the problem with Far Cry games in general is that not all things are in the same scale, so no matter what FOV you set, you’ll allways see something weird.

I was quite disapointed with Far Cry primal after playing with a lot of settings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!