Farming simulator 13-15. Oculus DK2

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Farming simulator 13-15. Oculus DK2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Conrad
    Participant

Good Morning. I’m new on this site. My name is Nicolò. I’m a student at the university of Padua (Italy) in Psychology. I’m doing a research in neuropsychology using the software farming professional 2013 and 2015 version paired with Oculus DK2.
    Currently the only way to make these two software in VR is using the virtual reality desktop made by oculus but is still impossible to make them two in VR.
    I don’t know if this is the correct place for this post. In any case my questions are these:
    Is possible to have a Vorpx support for this game or this is impossible?
    Is here anybody who can give me some suggests or help to make these two in VR in order to achieve the most immersive feeling in the games?
    Thanks a lot for your help.
    Nicolò

peteski123
    Participant

I would second this, love to play it in the oculus with 3d

Conrad
    Participant

Me too. Thank you Peteski.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I think the game uses OpenGL for rendering, which vorpX does not support. Only DirectX9-11 work with vorpX currently.

Conrad
    Participant

Good evening Ralf. I’ve take a look on what you’ve said searching on the net. But as this link says
    http://it.ign.com/farming-simulator-15-pc-1
    It uses a Physical based rendering (PBR). Perhaps I’m saying an unbelivable crap (cause I really don’t know nothing about computer graphic and algorithms). Maybe PBR is right the same thing of OpenGL or maybe PBR is a part of a more ample set of the OpenGL but what I found says that Farming simulator uses Physical based rendering. Is PBR a part of OpenGL or not? in case not is usable with directX9-11 and VorpX?

peteski123
    Participant

@conrad
    Do you mean this game Professional Farmer 2014 http://store.steampowered.com/app/258880/

Or this one Farming Simulator 2013 & 2015
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/220260/

As I did get Professional Farmer 2014 working some by using another exe. it worked ok with Vorpx but really needs a better profile. looked fun.

Pete

Conrad
    Participant

Thank you Peteski, I’m talking about this one
    http://www.farming-simulator.com
    (version 2015).
    I’m using also the second version you posted (version 2013) in another computer but the problem is that version 2013 and 2015 for mac doesn’t have the Mod download possibility. So it would be impossible for me to run experiments which requires the Bobcat usage and their blades.
    I’ll install also windows 10 on my macbook pro with 2 partition (one for yosemite and the other for windows 10) with the hope that would be usable with farming 2015 (or 2013 if it’s better to use with vorpX). In any case both of them are type pc version so without steam but I don’t know if there are any differences on the usage. i personally think that 2015 might be more realistic if we desire to produce an immersive feeling. In fact the 2013 is not projected to let the vehicles being subjected to gravity effect nor the inner part of them are designed to be realistic.
    But I mean if you are more capable than me in VR and vorpX would be better you to take a decision on this.
    Thank you anyway Pete.
    Good evening.
    Nicolo’

Conrad
    Participant

Might be also interesting to take a look on the started conversation on this on youtube.
    L’incendio is always me.
    As you see Pete an another person as already tried to take it functioning but with no results.

lincendio
    Thank you FIrst Day. For wrap do you intend enlarging the two screens seen by the two eyes? I mean you intend to create the illusion of a surrounding environment? you mean this? Thank you again.
    1 giorno fa•

Thomas Samoht
    I’m trying to get the oculus DK2 to work with FS2015, but even Vorpx refuses to work…
    6 mesi fa•

Thomas Samoht
    +First Day Reviews Got VD… haven’t tried with FS15, but it should look kinda “big screen only”, isn’t it? however, FS15 graphic engine (Giant?) made quite a leap regard the previous version: SLi now is supported (seems to work at least). Don’t know why things such AA and AF are capped to “8x” natively. I can see that it has some geometrical “native limitation” when trying to play with VR: in the cockpit mode, you cannot look all the way up to the roof, for instance… but it would look great however. Oh and btw, nice rig you have there ;)
    6 mesi fa•

First Day Reviews
    +Thomas Samoht doesn’t work on any of the injectors, the only way to get it to “sort of” work is to download virtual desktop and use that, its far from perfect but the only thing you can use to make it work at all.
    6 mesi fa•

lincendio
    Hy Thomas Samoht and First Day Reviews. I’m a student of master degree in Psychology at the university of Padua (Italy). Im conducting some researchers on a specific type of cloche for excavators in ergonomy and neuropsychology. I’m using both farming simulator2013 and farming simulator 2015 paired to oculus dk2. I’d like to know if someone of you two can give me some informations about how make farming simulator 15 (or 2013 if you prefer) to work with oculus dk2. In case this might make me to run some experiments on the usage of excavator using an immersive situation with the rift. Do you think this is possible or not? if its the case how do I have to do to let all this to work? thanks a lot. With my best regards. Nicolo’
    1 settimana fa•

First Day Reviews
    +lincendio hey, the only way i’ve come close is using it is using a program called “Virtual Desktop” its not perfect and its not 3d but if you use the wrap around function it works really well, give it a shot
    1 settimana fa•

peteski123
    Participant

Hi Conrad.
    I am not sure if this would work with Vorpx but have you tried changing the Renderer to D3D in the Game.xml file? let me know how it goes, might have to still change the .exe to an already profiled Vorpx game also but I don’t Have Farm sim 15 sorry

make a backup copy of your game.xml
    place this <renderer>D3D_90</renderer> inbetween “scalability” and “graphic” as shown in the file below —>

<game>
    <graphic>
    <display>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    <bpp>24</bpp>
    <gamma>1</gamma>
    <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    <vsync adaptive=”true”>true</vsync>
    <filter>
    <trilinear>true</trilinear>
    <anisotropy>0</anisotropy>
    <msaa>0</msaa>
    </filter>
    <userConfirmed>true</userConfirmed>
    <previousWidth>1920</previousWidth>
    <previousHeight>1080</previousHeight>
    </display>
    <scalability>
    <gpuPerformanceClass>high</gpuPerformanceClass>
    </scalability>
    <renderer>D3D_90</renderer>
    </graphic>
    <audio enable=”true” volume=”0.400000″ />
    <input>
    <joystick enable=”false” vibration=”false” deadzone=”0.140000″ />
    <mouse enable=”true” />
    <keyboard enable=”true” />
    </input>
    <logging>
    <file enable=”true” filename=”log.txt” />
    <console enable=”true” />
    </logging>
    <development>
    <controls>false</controls>
    </development>
    <startMode>1</startMode>
    </game>

Conrad
    Participant

Ok I’ll try that Pete.
    So reassuming:
    1- I have to make a copy of the game.
    2- search the Game.xml file
    3- once found take it into D3D with pasting:

<renderer>D3D_90</renderer> inbetween “scalability” and “graphic” as shown in the file below —>

<game>
    <graphic>
    <display>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    <bpp>24</bpp>
    <gamma>1</gamma>
    <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
    <vsync adaptive=”true”>true</vsync>
    <filter>
    <trilinear>true</trilinear>
    <anisotropy>0</anisotropy>
    <msaa>0</msaa>
    </filter>
    <userConfirmed>true</userConfirmed>
    <previousWidth>1920</previousWidth>
    <previousHeight>1080</previousHeight>
    </display>
    <scalability>
    <gpuPerformanceClass>high</gpuPerformanceClass>
    </scalability>
    </graphic>
    <audio enable=”true” volume=”0.400000″ />
    <input>
    <joystick enable=”false” vibration=”false” deadzone=”0.140000″ />
    <mouse enable=”true” />
    <keyboard enable=”true” />
    </input>
    <logging>
    <file enable=”true” filename=”log.txt” />
    <console enable=”true” />
    </logging>
    <development>
    <controls>false</controls>
    </development>
    <startMode>1</startMode>
    </game>
    is that right?

peteski123
    Participant

YOu don’t have to make a copy of the game, just the game.xml file.
    Then add the line
    inbetween “scalability” and “graphic” as shown in the file I posted

Karlor
    Participant

If you are actually going to be doing experiments where the subject is going to be using VR then I would say no laptop(too slow), no macs in general (most oculus stuff won’t run, and under powered), and no windows 10 (at least for awhile). Go with a good rig with a nice video card and an SSD HD. Realistic and functioning VR takes some juice so good PC is a must. I would also use windows 7(seems to have the most compatibility). If you want your data to be good then you may need to do a little testing after you get set up. A slow rig will taint any data due to the subjects discomfort and frustration.

Conrad
    Participant

Good evening Karlor. I’already installed the SSD hard disk of 200 GB adding also an external hard disk of 500 GB. I don’t know which video card is installed. I can tell you a couple of things for sure. Is a macbook pro (with 8 GB RAM) of mid 2010 with the already mentioned SSD and hard disks for a total of 700 GB.
    The apple technician said me that for a windows usage with Oculus dk2, farming professional and for runtime for a 17GB of total, 80GB partitioned for windows would be ok.
    But I really don’t know. Tell me your opinion about this.
    Good evening.
    Nicolo’

Conrad
    Participant

I’ve also installed windows 10 but I’ve found out that windows gives you the downgrade possibility. I mean I can come back to windows 7 if this might be of help. The problem is also the testing I’ve run with oculus dk2 on windows 7 with a different computer. I came to the conclusion that its not usable with windows 7. I mean farming simulator goes very well on windows 7 but the computer didn’t gives me the oculus calibration possibility. So I thought that was a windows 7 problem maybe it’s another crap but I’m not skilled on this.
    Thank you anyway for your opinion.
    Nicolo’

Conrad
    Participant

Important for those who desire use Oculus with farming15.
    The Giant company has just mailed me to say that farming 15 won’t have any vr support, but that they’re working on a support for this game on the 2016 release.
    Best regards.
    Nicolo’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!