Farming Simulator 17 – Full VR (only) stutter

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Farming Simulator 17 – Full VR (only) stutter

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mbowen89
    Participant

So I have a GTX1080, etc etc. When running FS17 at lowest settings and Full VR mode, there’s this odd stutter happening. The head/cam moves fluid but the image does this odd stutter. If I move the cam with my mouse, no stutter. If I switch to cinema mode, I can move my head to look around and no stutter. Just Full VR mode moving with head. I am pretty sure it’s not a performance issue since at max settings I can look around fine with mouse or in cinema mode. Any thoughts or ideas?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Enabling/disabling FluidSync on the display page of the vorpX menu is worth a shot. Maybe one option works better than the other.

mbowen89
    Participant

Ok thanks I’ll try it again, though I’m pretty sure I messed with that

Do you know what the difference is between head movement and mouse movement, or full vr and cinema mode that would cause it to behave differently?

Is there a mode where it’s like cinema mode but the screen isn’t static so it stays in front of where you’re looking? Because if the other mode works and I can just bring the floating screen close to my view and have it stay in front of me at all times it’s basically like full vr.

Thank you very much for your time Ralf.

mbowen89
    Participant

OK I did some more testing, I tried every combination of settings with fluid sync and the other options there. I might be wrong in saying that mouse movement doesn’t cause it, but it’s harder to tell because it’s not linked to me moving my head so I don’t pick it up as well, or it really doesn’t do it with mouse movement, hard to say 100%. In Full VR if I disable head tracking, when I move my head around it doesn’t move cam of course, but the screen gets really jittery while I move, is this normal?

It’s almost like when I move my head around to look, it causes it to do weird things to the image, not performance issues from the game itself.

mbowen89
    Participant

OK more testing. I unlocked the frame limiter in FS17 and I can hit 90fps. I used oculus tray tool to disable ASW, disabled fluidsync etc, pretty much every combination.

What it looks like is it’s creating a false frame when I move my head. So if I am looking at a pole and start to turn, it creates an overlayed image almost of that object in the direction I was turning my head. It doesn’t do this if I look around with the mouse. I know that this is basically the trick used when running at 45fps, is to create an image based on motion vectors, but if I am disabling fluidsync and ASW etc I’m not sure why it still does it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Just a guess, but maybe using vorpX in SteamVR mode helps (selectable in the config app). Sounds like some odd sync issue, which might not occur when using SteamVR instead of Oculus natively.

mbowen89
    Participant

Wow, that actually worked.

Any ideas to what was really causing my issue or to how to make it work in Oculus mode?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!