Feels like the screen is glued to my eyeballs

Homepage Forums Technical Support Feels like the screen is glued to my eyeballs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    onyxlee
    Participant

Hey guys, I am having this issue with all my VorpX games.

In the Full VR mode, no matter how my head turns, the screen or the world rotates together with me, the same speed, same direction, as if this giant screen 1 inch away from my eyes is literally glued to my eyeballs. So I have to be very careful not to move my head even a little.

Also, only geometry mode gives a real sense of depth, any other methods like the z-adaptive look very flat, and most times have artifacts.

I tried all the settings, all the profiles from the VorpX cloud, nothing works. Any ideas? I am using Oculus Rift CV1 with the latest drivers. This problem has been bothering me for many years. How did you guys play all these cool games with VorpX, while I can’t make any game look OK?

Right now I can only use it like a 3DTV, even that feels laggy on a 2060 RTX card.

Thanks again!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds as if head tracking was disabled. Please check whether you accidentally disabled it the config app (‘General’ page).

If that doesn’t help, try a full factory reset in the ‘Trouble Shooting’ page of the config app.

onyxlee
    Participant

Hi Ralf, this is a brand new vorpx and game installation. Also, I tried all the settings regarding head tracking, none of them works…
    Actually this problem happened to me years ago on my desktop in the Alient Isolation game and other games. Now I moved my license to my laptop, ran Mass Effect Andromeda and the tale of plague, they all have the same issue.

Can you point me to some useful youtube videos about vorpx settings? I searched a lot and didn’t find anything useful.

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you get this at default settings with an supported game (i.e. an official profile), something is severely wrong with your general setup, not with vorpX.

In FullVR mode vorpX per default always does mouse emulation derived from head tracking data, in games with DirectVR scanner support, head tracking is applied directly. There is no setting that you have to change to get head tracking in FullVR mode. If it does not work per default, something must be severly wrong.

If you happen to have any mouse related utilities installed, check whether removing them makes a difference.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

When the gameplay starts you have to run directVR scan from the Vorpx menu. I just figured this out recently because I don’t read instructions :P

Ralf
    Keymaster

“…because I don’t read instructions”

Can’t help the feeling that is the source of at least half the problems people have with vorpX. :) Although I try really hard to not only automate as much as possible, but also make the remaining things you might have to do yourself more or less impossible to overlook.

The DirectVR memory scanner isn’t available for all FullVR games though. In other FullVR games vorpX uses mouse emulatation. Typically correctly pre-adjusted to the default mouse sensitivity a game uses, so unless you change that, mouse emulation games also work out of the box these days without any calibration.

HAX0R3D
    Participant

yeah I was thiking the other day that it would almost be better if full VR games started in edge peak mode. Once less potential pitfall for people who don’t read instructions. Also it’s easier to read the instructions when there’s not a giant screen glued to your face. Then the direct VR scan would automatically kick you into full VR mode.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thought about that too a while back. Would definitely be more comfortable, but then there would have to be another message for those who aren’t aware of EdgePeek.

Although thinking about it again now maybe that would be a good way to show important messages permanently in the headset until EdgePeek is left the first time. I’ll keep that in mind and ponder about it a bit more.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!