Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Final Fantasy X HD Remaster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    LiFeSII
    Participant

Hi, has anyone got this running? I tried Dark Souls and Unravel but they won’t hook.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Can someone try to get the 3d to work? Would be awesome if we could play one of the best Final Fantasy’s in VR! How do you go about making a game that isn’t compatible, compatible, anyway?

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Can anyone test this out to see if it works with any profiles? I don’t know which engine FFX HD uses?…

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Do any profiles work with this?

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Bump…

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Damn, would be awesome if someone could get this working…

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I just found out that FF10 HD remake uses the PhyreEngine. If anyone wants to try to get the game to work, here is a list of game profiles to try it with:

http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=PhyreEngine

I’ll eventually be trying them out in the near future. But, in the mean time, if anyone can figure out if any of these works, that would be great.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

The only PhyreEngine game that hooked in was Unravel but I didn’t get the 3D to work. Are there any other engines or profiles that could work with FFX?

Anyone have any other suggestions? I was so close…

zahncisten
    Participant

Well, you could try the silk/phyre games
    http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=Silk/Phyre
    I think there is a profile for Orcs and Men.
    Alternatively, Phyre works (apparently, according to Wikipedia) in OpenGL in windows. You may have to tell the game (in settings?) to run in OpenGL, but if you could do that, there are a bunch of OpenGL profiles you could try:
    http://rjkole.com/gamestuff/engines/index.php?selengine=opengl

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Unfortunately, Orcs and Men didn’t hook in and the other Silk/Phyre games aren’t in the VorpX profile list.

So, how would I go about telling FFX to work with OpenGL? I don’t see the option in settings within the game…

zahncisten
    Participant

First, in all your testing, have you tried the new alternative hooking method? That may make a difference.
    Second, if there is no option to switch to an OpenGL mode, chances are, it is running by default, and you can try any of the profiles from the list above to see if you can find something that works. Just as a shot in the dark, Quake tends to be a pretty defined standard, I’d start with that. Maybe Quake 4? It really depends on what version of OpenGL FFX is using, which would be generally relative to what year it came out. So, again, try to use something with roughly the same time-frame. Chances are, the actual engine underneath the game wasn’t changed for the remake, so I’d go with the release date for the original FFX. But you never know what profile engine ends up working.
    But again, if you haven’t tried the alternative hooking method, I’d shoot for that first.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

What is the alternative hooking method and how do I do it?

zahncisten
    Participant

In VorpX Config, in General, on the right side, in Misc, 3rd check from the top “Use alternative hooking method”

legaiaflame2
    Participant

I got the 3d to work slightly. Or as best as we’re going to get I guess. Unless anyone else want’s to take a crack at it. None of the Quake profiles worked.

What I did was: I used the “Alternative Hook in method” and I made a profile based on the game “Unravel”. Also I checked off and used the “Expert Settings”, found in the general tab.

The game is best viewed with “immersive screen” or “cinema mode”. Use z-normal for 3d reconstruction. Have 3d strength and Depth Weighting set to max. Finally, just turn up Focal Distance no more than 10.

It looks 3d now, but I have a feeling it could look better than this. But I guess it’s better than nothing…I uploaded the profile to the cloud as “Final Fantasy X HD Remaster” if anyone want’s to check it out.

zahncisten
    Participant

Right on! Good job.
    And thanks Ralf for the new hooking method!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!