FINAL FANTASY XV cinema 3D possible?

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings FINAL FANTASY XV cinema 3D possible?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

What is the likelyhood that Final Fantasy XV will work on VorpX out of the box with at least Z buffer 3D? Will it be possible to have it be geometric 3D?

My request is inspired by the rave reviews of Kingdom Come with VorpX. Final Fantasy XV would be huge for that and I’d even be willing to pay extra to make it happen. I would give a feedback review to hopefully inspire more people buying VorpX too.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I can’t answer that question without the game, sorry. It will be looked into when it gets released.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I can’t answer that question without the game, sorry. It will be looked into when it gets released.

There is a free benchmark tool that you could possibly look into now that is available now and uses the same engine:

http://benchmark.finalfantasyxv.com/na/

I am happy to throw some money your way if that helps things. And all I need to really be happy is a 3D cinema mode because that would be an epic way to experience a Final Fantasy game and I would rather play it that way than on my 70 inch 4k TV (which is not 3D) that my VR PC is hooked up to.

Once the game is working in VorpX I’ll be sure to post positive feedback about it on here as well as on the Vive reddit and any other place with VR users.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Thanks for the benchmark link, didn’t hear of that before. The game will be looked into, don’t worry. I just can’t make any predictions since there is a lot more variability and complexity involved in how DX11 games work compared to trusty old DX9, so there always is a chance that vorpX can’t handle a specific DX11 game (engine) well yet.

markbradley1982
    Participant

Thanks for the benchmark link, didn’t hear of that before. The game will be looked into, don’t worry. I just can’t make any predictions since there is a lot more variability and complexity involved in how DX11 games work compared to trusty old DX9, so there always is a chance that vorpX can’t handle a specific DX11 game (engine) well yet.

Yeah I completely understand. I am crossing my fingers though. This is a huge game and having it work in VorpX in some form of stereoscopic 3d (even Z buffer though geometric would be amazing) would be mind blowing.

Thanks for doing this incredible work Ralf. You are doing a huge contribution that helps bridge the gap between VR games and traditional monitor games in a way no one else is doing.

markbradley1982
    Participant

There is now a playable demo of Final Fantasy 15:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/671210/FINAL_FANTASY_XV_WINDOWS_EDITION_PLAYABLE_DEMO/

I hope there is still a chance for VorpX to work with FF15 since that would be so amazing!

Baktus
    Participant

Please Ralf, its worth the work!!!!

The Demo with nierautomatica Profile in g3d is awesome and running very well with vorpx!!!

I love this.

After a few minutes, the game is crashing :( in the moment), ive to turn the grafics a bit down or some profile settings are not fitting…

But, try it, the Demo is for free and you can play in g3d immersive screen mode!

markbradley1982
    Participant

Please Ralf, its worth the work!!!!

The Demo with nierautomatica Profile in g3d is awesome and running very well with vorpx!!!

I love this.

After a few minutes, the game is crashing 🙁 in the moment), ive to turn the grafics a bit down or some profile settings are not fitting…

But, try it, the Demo is for free and you can play in g3d immersive screen mode!

Ralf do you think it’s possible to fix this so the FFXV demo doesn’t crash?

Ralf
    Keymaster

I’ll look into the it in the not too distance future.

markbradley1982
    Participant

I’ll look into the it in the not too distance future.

Awesome Ralf. You rock! Have you considered having like DLC paid patches for new games that people pay for or at least like a donation box so VorpX fans can chip in?

Phantomroro
    Participant

Awesome sauce hope it works in g3d that would be so cool keep up the good work Ralf loving vorpx its so cool playing in g3d in immersive mode or in the lounge hellblade senua sacrifice looks really cool too played it for 10 min cant really play more though because it fucks with your head it has a warning about certain mental health issues didnt know that before buying the. Game though but if u can handle it its a great game too look at

markbradley1982
    Participant

your description of hellblade senua sacrifice makes me want to play it. Is hellblade senua sacrifice in 3D? I thought 3D didn’t work with unreal engine 4 games.

Ohhhh I really hope Ralf can make Final Fantasy XV official and stable in G3D cinema. That would be so insane!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Hellblade has Geometry 3D, also all other UE4 games on the supported games list.

Phantomroro
    Participant

you gotta try out nvidia ansel and make a 360 stereo picture with ff-xv it looks pretty damn cool

Phantomroro
    Participant

here is a picture i made if u want to check it https://phantomroro.deviantart.com/
    im gonna make some more

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!