Firewatch support

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Firewatch support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    peteostro
    Participant

This game comes out the 9th and even thought the game seems like it would be perfect for VR the Dev has said there is no VR support planned right now.

Any chance you could look into getting VorpX to work with this title.

It uses the Unity game engine

peteski123
    Participant

Just had a look and it does look very good, nice find. I too would be very interested if this were in VR.
    Thanks
    pete

Acaideus
    Participant

Oh do I wish Ralf would make a quick profile for this and throw up a hot VorpX update.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like a good fit for VR for sure, I’ll see what I can do. Unity engine games are a bit special though, so I can’t promise anything unfortunately.

MertenNor
    Participant

yeah.. Playing this in VR would be Awesome! Hope you get it to work! :)

Acaideus
    Participant

Looks like a good fit for VR for sure, I’ll see what I can do. Unity engine games are a bit special though, so I can’t promise anything unfortunately.

Any effort you invest trying to get even sub par support working in Firewatch is much appreciated. You’re doing god’s work Ralf!

Karlor
    Participant

Been seeing a lot about this game and it looks like a perfect fit for VR. Would be sweet if a G3D profile could be cooked up. Anyone know if you can get the fov up to 120ish? I’m waiting to pick it up until I can play it in VR but it looks neat.

Karlor
    Participant

Just found a way to bump up the fov to whatever you want from a dev on a steam forum, for 120 set it to 6500:

How to Change FOV in Firewatch
    Open up the registry editor by typing regedit.exe into your Windows search bar.

Navigate your registry to the following key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    Software
    CampoSanto
    Firewatch
    fovAdjust_h2041137991

Right click on fovAdjust_h2041137991 and choose Modify. Set the base to be Decimal.

Our default FOV is 55. Set the value to be 100 times the amount you want to adjust the FOV by. For example, if you wanted the FOV to be 90 you need to increase the FOV by 35. So the value of fovAdjust_h2041137991 should be 3500 (35 * 100).

If you wanted the FOV to be 45, you would be removing 10, so set the value to be -1000.

Please note that the FOV can only be adjusted while Firewatch is not running.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Done. Not much time for new profiles currently, but this one I definitely wanted to have ready for the next version.

Will have Geometry 3D + Game Optimizer, so no fumbling around with FOV manually. Quite a performance hog though. Z3D highly recommended or at least lowest graphics settings if you can’t live with that.

peteostro
    Participant

Awesome!!! any word on when this will be out? Also got my vive yesterday and I’ll be moving on from my DK2 (Mind blowing) So any word on vive support?

Thanks!

mas3
    Participant

Awesome job on getting the new update with cv1 support up! Is there a repository to check for/download profiles? Would love to try the Firewatch profile you finished :))

dellrifter22
    Participant

Figured I’d give Firewatch a go finally, but none of the 3D options appear to work. Perhaps this years patch done messed it again.

Just a heads up. If it’s a simple fix, let us know. Thanks.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Apparently they managed to patch-break the game for the second time already, just fixed the original profile about two or three months ago… I’ll take a look at it, but it might end up getting removed from the supported games list this time.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Geometry 3D with the recent Firewatch patch is working now. Make sure to update vorpX to the latest release 18.2.5.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Nice! Thanks for the profile updates Ralf. I’m excited to try them and the perfered eye 3D. Neat!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!