Fish eye effect and general questions.

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Fish eye effect and general questions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Senatic
    Participant

So i spent probably about 20-30 hours trying to make vorpx the experience I want. I’ve tried 3 different games (life is strange, portal and fallout 4) and I can’t say any of them worked well. I have a HTC vive for the record.

The main issue, and the one that kills the First person experience and any sense of immersion, is the fish eye effect that I can’t for the life of me figure out how to get rid of. And it is really bad in fallout 4, the funny thing is it doesn’t happen when i move the camera with my mouse, only with my head. I’ve tried various resolutions suggested in threads here on the forum, I’ve tried multiple FOV settings, I’ve tried with and without geometry mode (without lessens it but doesn’t remove it completely), I’ve tinkered with pretty much all the settings the app has to offer (I knew it was a complicated app to get into before I bought it and that it’d require a lot of tinkering to get things working well) but I can’t seem to solve this issue.

Is this solvable, if so any concrete tips would be appreciated.

Also, have anyone found any games where you have at least some decent sense of presence, because even when I got things working fairly well I never actually felt like I was THERE the way you do in native vive games. Of course I knew this was likely the case before buying it but im curious if anyone has gotten any game to work THAT well with vorpx that you actually felt you were in the world.

Senatic
    Participant

No answers? So i guess the fish eye effect is not solvable and is just how it is… That really sucks, I spent another few hours messing with settings and found no way to get rid of it myself.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!