FIX! – How to make MassEffect3 LE hook

Homepage Forums Technical Support FIX! – How to make MassEffect3 LE hook

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    eelbox
    Participant

I managed to get MassEffect 3 LE working.

You have to trick the launcher, just do that:

1) Go in installation folder
    2) Go in GAME\ME3\Binaries\Win64 and rename MassEffect3.exe into MassEffect1.exe
    3) Go back in GAME folder
    4) Rename ME1 into ME1_
    5) Rename ME3 into ME1
    6) Launch MassEffect 1 from the Launcher

Enjoy ME3 into VORPX
    ^^

thomas3d
    Participant

Great…!!! Thank you for the tip and the guide…!! I’ll try it out tonight…

steph12
    Participant

woow nice tip !!!! thannnkkkkkkks ! how did you discover this ? :D

luka2099
    Participant

I have say it long time ago , you may rename the masseffect3.exe into masseffect31.exe and run with mass effect 1 LE profile. The problema now are that the mod for this game dont work with masseffect31.exe.

eelbox
    Participant

Luka how did you trick the launcher? I tried renaming the game Masseffect31 but I get the launcher opened instead of the game.

Anyway, Im now facing another problem.

The launcher execute Mass Effect 3 passing some argument (like the language…) my trick makes ME3 being hooked my VORPX but you are forced to play it in English…

eelbox
    Participant

Ok guys, I have now the DEFINITE SOLUTION.

Why a Definite solution?
    Well, my first trick “did the job” but it has a HUGE problem: the launcher wasn’t passing to ME3 the proper command line, missing different languages! (you can only play the International version)

They key of this new solution is to create you very own Launcher that execute MassEffect3 with a different EXE name.

The definite solution is a little bit tricky but it works 100%

1) Download the mod “Custom Launcher for Unlocking All Language Options” from NEXUS MOD: https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/46

— that custom launcher has been made with Autohotkey. The author has been so cool to include the original AHK file that let you recompile the custom launcher with your edits. This has been VERY IMPORTANT! Dont forget to thank the mod author–

2) Download and install Autohotkey: https://www.autohotkey.com

3) Open MassEffectLauncher.ahk from the MOD ZIP with Notepad.
    Find this line:

RunWait % A_ScriptDir . “\..\ME3\Binaries\Win64\MassEffect3.exe” . Commandline . LanguageCommand . ME3Lang

And replace it with:

RunWait % A_ScriptDir . “\..\ME3\Binaries\Win64\MassEffect31.exe” . Commandline . LanguageCommand . ME3Lang

4) Save the modified MassEffectLauncher.ahk file

5) Right click in MassEffectLauncher.ahk file and select “Compile Script” overwrite if it asks.
    MassEffectLauncher.exe should be recompiled with latest changes

6) Go to Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\Launcher
    Rename original MassEffectLauncher.exe file
    Copy your now MassEffectLauncher.exe

7) Go to Me3 install fodler (Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME3\Binaries\Win64)
    Rename MassEffect3.exe into MassEffect31.exe

8) Use the new Launcher to start the game

9) Enjoy VORPX!

^^

eelbox
    Participant

I FORGOT TO SAY:

From the custom launcher you may need to launch the game twice, the first time you hit the button it may not start

eelbox
    Participant

ERRATA CORRIGE

**SORRY SORRY**

In my Definite Solution I typed the points 3 and 7 wrong

YOU HAVE TO RENAME MassEffect3.exe into MassEffect1.exe (not MassEffect31), or you’ll miss 3D reconstruction

So, the right version of point 3 and 7 is:

3) Open MassEffectLauncher.ahk from the MOD ZIP with Notepad.
    Find this line:

RunWait % A_ScriptDir . “\..\ME3\Binaries\Win64\MassEffect3.exe” . Commandline . LanguageCommand . ME3Lang

And replace it with:

RunWait % A_ScriptDir . “\..\ME3\Binaries\Win64\MassEffect1.exe” . Commandline . LanguageCommand . ME3Lang

7) Go to Me3 install fodler (Mass Effect Legendary Edition\Game\ME3\Binaries\Win64)
    Rename MassEffect3.exe into MassEffect1.exe

matteo39
    Participant

i must do all this thing to play 3?

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Mass Effect Legendary Edition is the new standard for a while now. Shouldn’t this work now without jumping through hoops?

I am thinking about a replay of the trilogy in vorpX, so what’s the current situation on this?

Ralf
    Keymaster

ME1 LE has an official profile since release, which made most sense because of the gameplay changes/modernization it came with. Just works without having to jump through any hoops at all. ME2 LE also is covered, just works too. Dan’t recall currently why ME3 isn’t, or whether there was an actual reason in the first place. I’ll check it again before the final 23.1.0 release.

On a sidenote: ME2 and M3 LE are pretty much the exact same games as before with a texture mod and worse performance. Mainly because of that I’d consider the original ME2 and ME3 versions the better choice for VR.

MarcDwonn
    Participant

Thanks, Ralf. I know that some people consider the old versions of ME2-3 better (when modded), but i’m a simple guy. I like to have everything in one place, and the less modding i have to do, the better. Maybe i’m getting old, but these days i’m looking for less friction above all else. :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!