Flicker of Hope? No hopeā€¦

Homepage Forums Technical Support Flicker of Hope? No hope…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    VRan
    Participant

Hey,

Few months ago I downloaded a Demo of a really cute platformer game called Wick.
    The injection was perfect and played like – Ori and the Blind forest, Darq, Little Nightmares… and it worked perfectly.

They now had an issue with another Studio and had to rename the game to – Flicker of Hope (Name change should not make a difference). The problem I am having is that now, profiles are not being injected for some odd reason.
    The little Injecting to window appears but the game loads behind and not through vorpX. Is there a way to avoid that?
    It asked for adding a hook which I have but still, nothing :(

Ogrescar
    Participant

Did they change the name of the executable or just the title?

VRan
    Participant

The folder under steam is still Wick but the exe is now – FlickerOfHope.exe or FlickerOfHope-Win64-Shipping.exe under Binaries Win64

Ogrescar
    Participant

You need to change that in whatever profile(s) you were using before. It sounds like they’ve done something to the game though – It should be hooked by vorpx without a profile (it would be 2d, but you’d know that vorpx was hooking it).

VRan
    Participant

Even if I did not use any profile, removed the profile I had used before and let vorpX inject a default – something – to the game, it will not go into the headset and will not inject anything. I have also tried an indie horror game that is UE4 game and it will not inject anything. It never happened before.

Ogrescar
    Participant

You can try the alternate hooking method, or unchecking the “block known game overlays” to see if makes any difference. They may have put some kind of protection on the game – no way around that if that’s the case.

Ogrescar
    Participant

You can also try different windowed modes. Some games can’t be hooked in fullscreen mode.

VRan
    Participant

Yeah I hear you.
    I run it on Windowed (I even changed the .ini file to run it as windowed and I make it read only file) it’s not that. Oh well, I guess its not a game that could be injected

VRan
    Participant

Thank you for the suggestions

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!