Flickering and flashing at starting games

Homepage Forums Technical Support Flickering and flashing at starting games

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    corteza
    Participant

Recently installed Vorpx and I couldn’t play any game because of the flickering at games start.

https://imgur.com/a/ZIFcnLe

Do you have any clue? Nvidia drivers? DX12?

My specs:
    Aspire A717-71G
    Nvidia GTX 1060
    Lenovo in WMR
    16GB RAM

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

Ralf
    Keymaster

Looks like head tracking being completely out of whack.

Try to disconnect any game controllers (gamepads, joysticks, steering wheels) you may have connected to your PC. If that doesn’t help, try to remove any USB device, except the headset, mouse and keyboard of course.

corteza
    Participant

Hi there!

I removed the joystick and left the lenovo set in my notebook as you said. Nothing changed.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Not really sure what to recommend aside from the the above.

One more thing you could try is disabling head tracking in the vorpX config app. not really a solution, but at least that way you could see whether the issue is related to head tracking.

if you have some utility running in the background that is related to mouse or gamepad input, please also try to exit that.

corteza
    Participant

Yes, I’ve just disable headtracking and it partially works… I’m going to test other games capabilities.

Thanks Ralf!

eiseneuter
    Participant

Hi,
    I have the same problem: turquoise rectangles flickering, SteamVR Environment glitching out. Upon force quitting the application in Desktop, i saw the mouse cursor jumping all over the place.
    Just testing Bioshock 1 & 2, DX9 and not, Remastered and not. Resident Evil 7 worked fine.
    Already tried disconnecting the gamepad and all USB devices.
    What can i do about it?

HW configuration: Quest 2 -> Virtual Desktop -> SteamVR -> vorpx
    Thanks, Eisen

eiseneuter
    Participant

Same just happened, when Bioshock 2 Remastered worked fine until I physically bent down to the floor with my headset. Flashing rectangles and stuck mouse control again with no chance of reversal…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!