Flickering in The Hunter Call of the Wild

Homepage Forums Game Hints and Settings Flickering in The Hunter Call of the Wild

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    harveysimpson
    Participant

Until this game, everything has gone swimmingly.

However, this is a game I really want to get working.

Everything is set up fine apart from the landscape and shadows randomly flickering.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

There is no flickering outside of Vorpx.

Not sure if I should be changing Vorpx settings or the in-game settings…

dellrifter22
    Participant

If you are playing in geometry 3D mode, save it as so in the delete menu and restart the game again so it starts G3D by default.

If you are using Z-normal 3D mode, turn the HUD sliders all the way to 1.0 to stop the HUD flicker.

If you use the PDA a lot, switching to cinema mode might be easier. You can still zoom the image in very close to fill your entire view. If you want an example you can import The Hunter dellrifter profile from the cloud.

harveysimpson
    Participant

Thanks for your help dellrifter.

I forgot to mention that I’m using the cinema mode.in non 3d…

I’ll give the hud idea a go and also try your profile

dellrifter22
    Participant

Curious, which reserve are you playing on with landscape flicker? I don’t have any flickering trees or land in the two vanilla reserves, but have yet to try the dlc.

If you care about 3D, you can try the z-normal 3D, it performs virtually the same as non 3D.

harveysimpson
    Participant

It was a DLC reserve.

I’ll try the vanilla ones too and report back after work

dellrifter22
    Participant

I just played around a bit in Hirschfelden vanilla in Z3D just now and did encounter a bit of distant terrain flicker for a brief second every now and then. It seemed related to when I looked in a new direction which changes the dynamic light exposure, though I’m not positive.

So far I’ve found this only happens if my vorpX HUD depth is anything below max 1.00 (while using Z3D or OFF). As long as all my HUD sliders are maxed out, I have yet to see the flickering anymore. Please tell me if you still see flicker with these settings.

I’ve not noticed any flickering in my play with G3D, and HUD scaling/depth can be used without issue. If G3D looks weird after switching, restarting the game fresh in G3D should resolve.

harveysimpson
    Participant

You made it so my HUD displays properly now.

Sadly, the flickering is still there.

It must be Vorpx because the problem does not manifest itself in the game when Vorpx is not running.

PS: When vorpx is running the flickering problem happens on my monitor too…

dellrifter22
    Participant

Sorry to bother you one last time, but did you make sure the HUD depth slider was up full? I may not have set that in my profile by default. To be clear I’m talking about the 3 HUD sliders in the vorpX delete key menu, Image Settings page.

I’ll play some more tonight, but so far flicker seems eliminated when I do this. 2080ti Pimax8k steamVR.

harveysimpson
    Participant

Thank you dellrifter.

I think you fixed it for me!

Just tried it and it worked fine once i had raised the HUD!

Many thanks

jarvouk
    Participant

Hi I have this issue, not sure if it’s what you mean but everything ‘jumps’ a tiny bit at the slightest head movement, if I keep my head still it is perfect but it’s like moving your head makes everything move slightly.

Is this what you are describing? It doesn’t happen in any other mode than VR only. It makes it distractingly unplayable which is such a shame!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!