Flight Simulator 2020

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Flight Simulator 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Alemanne82
    Participant

Hello,

is it possible to use the Flight Simulator 2020 with vorbx?
    and is it basically possible to use Yoke and Throttle in Vorbx?
    many thanks for your help :-)

Greetings
    Sebastian

TheBalt
    Participant

https://hothardware.com/news/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-coming-to-steam-vr-support

Its getting native VR Support after a few months for all of the more popular headsets. Buy it on Steam to increase likelihood your headset will get support – even if MS drops the ball and only manages to get it to work on limited headsets, I have confidence Valve will get it working just fine with SteamVR and get it working on headsets other than their own.

From the article:
    The first VR headset that will be supported by Microsoft Flight Simulator will be the Hewlett-Packard Reverb G2. The Reverb G2 was announced back in late May as a “no-compromise VR headset” and features dual 2.89-inch (2160×2160) displays – one for each eye – along with a pair of motion controllers. “We’re starting with them,” said Microsoft Flight Simulator lead Jorg Neumann.

“There’s some extra work to be done for some of the others. I mean, we’re going to bring it to all the devices – all the common ones. It’s just going to take a few more months after that.” So, all of you Oculus Rift and HTC Vive owners out there will likely be supported; you’ll just be waiting a bit longer.”

cercata
    Participant

We are lucky, because it’s a propietary engine, for a Plage Tale Innocence there is still not support

Alemanne82
    Participant

I also noticed that the support from Microsoft will be submitted later. have already pre-ordered the HP Reverb and the G2. I am only concerned with the time until it natively supports VR. therefore I would be interested to know if this is possible via Vorbx. at least like some kind of bigscreen.

Alemanne82
    Participant

Great, thank you for your message. I think I’ll give it a try. I only have a 27 “monitor and then the immersion is not so good for you. And until the G2 and the update is out I will try Vorbx. Alternatively there is still the virtual desktop.

kurry
    Participant

If its not working in Vorpx, you can try Virtual Desktop and Open Track.
    There’s a setup video on Youtube: BelGoede Microsoft Flight Simulator – Preview Episode 2: Poor Man’s VR
    I don’t currently have a headset, so I can’t wait to test it out.

TheBalt
    Participant

I also noticed that the support from Microsoft will be submitted later. have already pre-ordered the HP Reverb and the G2. I am only concerned with the time until it natively supports VR. therefore I would be interested to know if this is possible via Vorbx. at least like some kind of bigscreen.

Literally EVERYTHING (unless theres some edge cases that break your PC cause its too much for it to handle) is supported with the Vorpx Desktop Viewer.

To get to this, launch Vorpx as you normally would. Dont launch a game or an application though, just get the program “Started” so its on the bottom right on your screen on the Start Menu bar. Right click it and Select “Start vorpx Desktop Viewer”

Put your headset on, you will have Vorpx displaying your desktop in Cinema/Immersive screen mode. No 3d, that requires actual ‘support’ for the program you are running; but I use this for watching movies or playing games without support all the time. For instance, Forza Horizon on Gamepass has an awesome battle royale mode, love launching it up with Desktop Viewer with music blaring and just go to town.

You can also launch Netflix or Disney+ or Hulu, etc and watch movies like you’re on a giant screen.

Small tip – Increase your Desktop Resolution to whatever you want the video output to be. For instance, Disney+ till only play a movie at 1080p if your desktop resolution, when you start your browser is at 1080p… so even if your monitor doesnt support 4k; go ahead and add 4k to your monitor as a resolution and then Disney+ movies should look much crisper. I believe Netflix does the same thing.

Good luck! Hope it works well for you until official support for Flight Sim

Hexperience
    Participant

I just tried it, and being a complete nood to vorpx settings I wasn’t able to really setup a profile or anything. BUT it looks pretty good! I was able to turn on the mouse look and look around, it’s 2d of course, but still is amazing. I’m going to try and to a profile, but hopefully there’s someone better than me that will do one.

I think we’ll be able to get a 180 2d VR mode working pretty easily.

daggey
    Participant

I got it to hook using the new hook fixer feature and used Opentrack to spoof a TrackIR via the HMD which took care of head tracking. No 3d reconstruction available though. Still messing around with resolutions etc but 1920 x 2160 looked ok as a start point for Fullvr mode otherwise was using immersive screen. Frame rate is an issue. Lots of messing around to get it right yet.

daggey
    Participant

Actually scratch the above – immersive screen at 2560 x 1440 with the screen distance -0.30, screen scale max and screen curvature 1.75 with screen vertical curve on is working much better. In game camera setting set to wide camera and in game zoom settings all the way out – that’s on an Index at 80Hz – seem to be getting about 40 frames in game so lots of reprojection etc. Far from perfect but fun.

Alemanne82
    Participant

Is low resolution enough for you? I tested the poor man VR. If I selected the resolution lower than the second highest in the settings, i.e. over 3000x 2540, I only had very large pixels and everything was very blurred.
    The problem with the high resolution was that my FPS are down to the basement. Also I have a 4k 43 inch monitor hanging on it :-(

blueshark747
    Participant

Tried the poor mans VR method….eh it wasn’t fun to me.
    Hopefully VR comes soon….I can’t play it on a monitor

tingelton
    Participant

Hi all,
    First time launching FS2020 I was thinking, “what if this would work in vorpx?”. So I tried some profiles but none of them seem to hook, until I found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXPVXZDfvhU (credits to this man :-) ). He found out that the profile “a plague tale” actually hooks when launching FS2020. I tried it and indeed it works, instead of using the virual desktop you can actually run FS2020 in Z-normal or Z-adaptive and create some 3d in FS2020. Head tracking works but you have to hold the mouse button when turning your head, but you can actually look around using your headset. It’s not ready to fly that way (in VR mode you have to constantly press the mouse to look around and meanwhile release to be able to click buttons in the cockpit, you cannot grab the switches yet like you can in xplane. But I don’t care, I just put on the AI pilot and enjoy the view in 3d, looking at the new weather system (clouds) is really stunning. Looks like Ralph is ahead of MS putting VR in FS2020 without even knowing it :-) good job Ralph!

Fearganainm
    Participant

Won’t hook for me… using A plague Tale Innocence profile, Vorpx won’t hook…hook fixer won’t install…

Fearganainm
    Participant

Nevermind got it to hook finally…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!