Flight Simulator X in VorpX

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Flight Simulator X in VorpX

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ears
    Participant

Does anyone play Flight Simulator X in VorpX? I noticed it’s quite heavily reduced on Steam and thought I might give it a go if support in VorpX is good.

CylonSurfer
    Participant

Check out ‘FlyInside’ – There is a free demo that will get you flying with a DK2 / CV1.

ears
    Participant

I saw that – I was going to – but the free demo only provides 15 minute flights before you have to buy.

So as it was VR implementation for an existing game I thought I’d look at VorpX as I’ve already bought it – and sure enough there Flight Simulator X is in the list of supported games.

I just wondered if it was still working – I bought rFactor2 because it was in the list of supported games but it didn’t work at all, although I believe this may be fixed in the next release.

Ralf
    Keymaster

FlyInside is custom tailored for FSX in many ways. If you are a halfway serious FSX simmer it’s almost certainly worth the money. No way that vorpX, which has to support literally hundreds of games, can provide the same level of integration with a single title that almost two years of work on supporting a single game can offer.

rFactor2 will indeed be fixed. Provided your issue was the startup crash that many (but surprisingly not everyone) encountered.

ears
    Participant

Thanks I’ll try both!

Yes – was a while ago but something like a black screen on startup, sound worked but nothing on screen. Something like that.

rFactor2 support is very exciting. Sorry to go off topic but did you look at the rFactor titles too? I could get GSCE to run in the Rift but it had no head tracking.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to enable free look in the game for head tracking with vorpX. Can’t remember the key (maybe U). If not, you should be able to find it in the game options key map menu.

Same for FSX BTW. ([SHIFT][O] per default IIRC).

ears
    Participant

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

Just one more request – GSCE has now become Automobilista but it’s effectively the same game, same engine. Would you be able to include support for it in the next release?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!