Floating flames in Oblivion with VorpX 17.3.0

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Floating flames in Oblivion with VorpX 17.3.0

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    markbradley1982
    Participant

So I am having an issue in the starting prison of Oblivion where you start a new game, the flames in the torches no longer stay within the torch, but instead follow your head movement and appear to float in mid air. I noticed this after a Direct VR scan, but I didn’t check what the flame looked like before the Direct VR scan because I didn’t move my head much.

I distinctly remember not having this issue in the previous version of VorpX. Is it possible to fix it? Otherwise it’s perfect. Great stereoscopic depth, and feels good in room scale.

I only played for a few min to make sure my gamepad controls were right, and to quickly document any problems I find. I’m going to play it for real in a proper standing environment with a wireless gamepad.

Also the “Restore Game Settings” option in the VorpX configuration app cause VorpX to crash when you select it.

Ralf
    Keymaster

A short test shows the exact opposite behavior here, which is what is to be expected since there is a fix in 17.3.0 that explicitely addresses flames/torches. The torch in the start cell looks now perfectly correct while before it was glitchy. Odd.

Please try without any mods. If that does not help, let me know what edition of the game you are using (DVD/Steam/GoG/GotY or not etc.).

You can safely ignore the “Restore Game Settings” crash. It only occurs while there isn’t anything to restore. As soon as you played games where vorpX actually changed settings, the crash disappears.

Satya
    Participant

I had that too initially, but also I had the “Oblivion Reloaded” mod–which screws up many things. Watch for overhaul and texture mods, go slowly. I use a character overhaul, which plays nicely. The stutter remover and memory patches on nexus mods are worth a try as well, everything for me is so smooth now.

markbradley1982
    Participant

A short test shows the exact opposite behavior here, which is what is to be expected since there is a fix in 17.3.0 that explicitely addresses flames/torches. The torch in the start cell looks now perfectly correct while before it was glitchy. Odd.

Please try without any mods. If that does not help, let me know what edition of the game you are using (DVD/Steam/GoG/GotY or not etc.).

You can safely ignore the “Restore Game Settings” crash. It only occurs while there isn’t anything to restore. As soon as you played games where vorpX actually changed settings, the crash disappears.

Was this fixed before or after the hotfix? I’m not sure if I am running VorpX with or without the hotfix. How can I tell? My understanding is the version number is the same for the hotfix.

I’m running the Steam version of vanilla (no mods) Oblivion.

Ralf
    Keymaster

That was fixed with the initial 17.3.0 release.

Just in case: try to reset the profile to default in the config app or do a full factory reset. if for some reason a pre 17.3.0 profile is active, you would still have the fire glitches.

markbradley1982
    Participant

That was fixed with the initial 17.3.0 release.

Just in case: try to reset the profile to default in the config app or do a full factory reset. if for some reason a pre 17.3.0 profile is active, you would still have the fire glitches.

Okay I will try that. Awesome update to VorpX. I’m loving the continued support of this awesome injector.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!