Forcing FOV and world scale

Homepage Forums Technical Support Forcing FOV and world scale

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yayorbitgum
    Participant

So one thing that Tridef does is allows you to increase both Tridef’s FOV and force the game’s FOV as high as you want, in addition to scaling the world up and down to any scale you want (essentially moving the eye distance closer or farther apart, I’m assuming). This is great because since most games aren’t officially supported, if they happen to work at all, I can get the 3D effect and scale to be nearly perfect every time since I have full control over these settings (or even make a miniature feeling world which is even cooler).

Is there any plan to allow us to scale these parameters to the extremes when necessary? I noticed you can increase the in game FOV a bit through VorpX, but it doesn’t seem to make much of a difference, and it seems to cause a weird distortion.

If there is no plan, then that would be a really great feature to have!

Ralf
    Keymaster

“Scaling” the world can be done by changing the ‘Eye Distance’ in the in-game menu, which does essentially the same, this works best in Geometry 3D, in Z-Buffer 3D the effect is limited for various reasons.

There are two methods for changing the FOV: the ‘3D-FOV-Enhancement’ for Geometry 3D, which does what you know from other drivers, and the ‘2D-FOV-Enhancement’ that works in all modes, even without any Stereo 3D. As you already noticed the latter is a matter of taste though, since it introduces some image distortion, especially when set too high.

Hope that hepls.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!