fps on starship citizen

Homepage Forums Technical Support fps on starship citizen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    henas0
    Participant

hi guys started playing with my dell vr
    i was running with vorpx on 2160x 1400
    but when i pressed alt+f the fps screen states game fps 21 and direct 90
    which is like hmmm im running a i8700k oc 5 ghz 16g ram and a monster 1080ti zotac surley it should run sweet or am i doing something wrong

Ralf
    Keymaster

First and most important: Star Citizen is not officially supported, like the start message indicates the provided profile is solely for users who like to experiment with the game nonetheless. The game is still in alpha, vorpX might stop working with it (again) at any time.

To answer your question: rendering games in stereo 3D costs about half the performance you normally would see on a monitor since everything has to be rendered twice, in addition to that there is some extra overhead for sending the rendered image to the headset.

Performance in Star Citizen should be good enough for playing Arena Commander missions, but in the persistant universe you probably will have to switch to Z-Buffer 3D in the vorpX menu, which doesn’t look as good but is a lot faster.

henas0
    Participant

ok i tried to change the resolution but it stays the same and the fps wont lift even if i go from very high to medium or low surely the money i spent on my rig its more than capable than whats showing ??

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please re-read the reply above for the explanation why stereo 3D rendering costs a lot of oerformance. Also the game is still in alpha state and poorly optimized, especially in the persistent universe.

For better performance please switch to Z-Buffer 3D in the vorpX menu which usually is a lot faster. That is the only answer I can give you, sorry.

Also again the usual Star Citizen disclaimer: Star Citizen is not officially supported. Like the start message indicates the provided profile is solely for users who like to experiment with the game nonetheless. The game is still in alpha, vorpX might stop working with it (again) at any time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!