FpsVR

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tonka
    Participant

I have started playing Witcher 3 in immersive mode with sharpening set to 2.0. When I start the game Vorpx warns me with a red message for too low FPS but when I am in the game and look at the FPS using FpsVR I see almost a constant 90 FPS.

What is going on here Ralf?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Use the built in FPS counter (ALT+F). vorpX has two render-pipelines running in parallel: the game itself and a second one which renders the final image to the headset, both can have different frame rates. The built in FPS counter displays both.

In cinema/immersive mode you can get away with rather low game FPS. Even 25-30fps may work fine in that case if the game isn’t a super fast shooter.

tonka
    Participant

Why is the display of the FPS counter not in the Vorpx menu, it’s a bit difficult to reach the keyboard when in VR.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Because in a handful of games drawing the vorpX menu has a severe impact on performance, so to avoid confusion the FPS counter is not shown in the menu.

tonka
    Participant

Ralf, I mean being able to choose to display/hide the FPS counter as a setting in the menu.

Ralf
    Keymaster

There are already too many options in the menu, so to reduce menu clutter a few less important things are hotkey only. You can map ALT+F to your controller if you consider it important enough to be available anytime while you play standing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!