FSX support…

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion FSX support…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    f15sim
    Participant

Does the current beta of vorpX support FSX?

I’d like to buy a copy of vorpX, but since I only need it for FSX, I need to know that it works properly.

Thanks!

g.

willypat
    Participant

It is only game I cant get running with vorpx…. Ralf.. if you could please look at this one …It was running good on the DK1 …3D could have been better in cockpit. Many simmers will buy Vorpx just for FSX. It was the reason for me buying vorpx months ago. Now you got me hooked on Skyrim…see what you did!!

Hayduke
    Participant

Hello Ralph,

We all know you are extremely busy, but The fact that FSX was in the supported list is why I purchased VorpX. I develop for FSX add ins and have large number of people who wanting this solution for the DX2/CV1.

With the release of 0.4.2 can we get you to spend some cycles on getting FSX support for the DK2?

Thank you in advance!

Ralf
    Keymaster

You might get lucky with using the DK2 as primary or (better) only display. Inconvenient, but maybe the only option, if at all. Apparently FSX does very unusual things display mode wise…

I just performed a check myself, this may be one of so far two cases that might not be fixable in a decent way for the DK2, due to the DK2 not supporting clone mode and/or certain display modes the game switches to intermittently.

I’ll see what I can do, but no promises. For now the compatibility chart is updated to DK1 only for FSX to be on the safe side.

willypat
    Participant

I was able to get Vorpx to start by unplugging my main monitor from the computer. I was able to get the mouse working by pressing shift spacebar. I got into the cockpit but it was a slideshow and could see mesh on the terrain. Unplayable. Tried z adaptive and very little difference. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

f15sim
    Participant

Well crap. Looks like it’s Prepar3D from here on out. :(

Thanks Ralf.

g.

Hayduke
    Participant

Thank you for the quick reply Ralph. I’m just curious if you have looked at any other flight sims or just FSX. I will try working with the rift as primary and solo and see if I can get anywhere.

And I am glad to see that you are placing the note on the supported titles page.

Cheers,

beezle
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m hoping to get some help from you in regards of prepar3d and vorpx on dk2. If my life depended on it, I can’t get it to work and this is what happens:

I get to the flight setup menus and the little window, showing the current aircraft selected sports the vorpx logo and dual eyes. Now as soon as I start the flight for an instant once everything has loaded up, I can see the vorpx logo in full screen, but immediately after the view reverts to the normal view as if I wasn’t running either the dk2 to nor vorpx.

I’m only experiencing common issues, depending on game compatibility otherwise.

I’d appreciate any advise.

Btw, I’ve been successful using the dcoc plugin for prepar3d, but being in alpha it has a lot of limitations still.

Otherwise, great work Ralf with vorpx.

Cheers

f15sim
    Participant

Beezle, don’t bother with it and Prepar3D. Check this out:

http://www.openroadsgame.com/pptd/

It’s a purpose-built plugin for the DK2 and Prepar3D. The new version should be out very soon and “rift-ifies” all the menus, etc.

g.

beezle
    Participant

Beezle, don’t bother with it and Prepar3D. Check this out:

http://www.openroadsgame.com/pptd/

It’s a purpose-built plugin for the DK2 and Prepar3D. The new version should be out very soon and “rift-ifies” all the menus, etc.

g.

New version is out! I’m excited. Just wobering if external views now work.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!