Full VR mode playing like cinema mode?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Full VR mode playing like cinema mode?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    harpuajim
    Participant

I am new to VorpX so I may simply be doing things wrong. I use a Rift S and Windows 10. I installed Batman: Arkham Asylum to try it out on VorpX. I used the automatic settings done by VorpX and only changed the input so that it would recognize my xbox controller and not my touch controllers.

My issue (if it even is one) is that although it is on fill VR mode, it still has borders like in cinema mode. Here is what the image looks like in my headset.

Of course it’s not nearly that pronounced when you have the headset on but the main thing is that there’s a border like I’m looking at a virtual screen instead of a full VR experience.

Is this just the way it is with some games or is there some setting that I need to tweak to make it a full VR title?

Thanks for any input.

steph12
    Participant

it’s definitively not full Vr mode on your screenshot, anyway this game is best played cinematic mode (with no background, meaning borders are black).

you know, you can tweak fov in this game, just google it.

with a few tweaks the experience is amazing.

tweak screen distance to your liking, and adjust FoV and you’ll have a blast.

harpuajim
    Participant

it’s definitively not full Vr mode on your screenshot, anyway this game is best played cinematic mode (with no background, meaning borders are black).

you know, you can tweak fov in this game, just google it.

with a few tweaks the experience is amazing.

tweak screen distance to your liking, and adjust FoV and you’ll have a blast.

Thanks a lot for the response. I could almost swear that it was set to full VR mode when I pulled up the in-game menu but perhaps not. I’ll definitely give cinematic mode a shot though. Is it the preferred setting because it’s a 3rd person title? Also, would a FOV tweak have to be a specific method for this game or would any general FOV tweak be relevant?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Immersive screen is the default for most third person games. Playing third person games in FullVR is possible with the right FOV, but feels a bit odd since rotating your head rotates the third person camera around the player character. Fun to try and maybe you like it after getting used to it, otherwise immersive screen mode is the right choice for third person games.

FOV tweaks are always game specific, for about 150 games vorpX can do that automatically though. Can’t remember currently whether that’s the case for Batman:AA. If so, you can find an FOV setting on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. Please note that you don’t have to do anything if DirectVR handles FOV for a game.

BTW: If you haven’t done so already, I would strongly recommend to read the “Essential Hints Guide” in the help, which among other useful things contains further information regarding FOV in general.

harpuajim
    Participant

Immersive screen is the default for most third person games. Playing third person games in FullVR is possible with the right FOV, but feels a bit odd since rotating your head rotates the third person camera around the player character. Fun to try and maybe you like it after getting used to it, otherwise immersive screen mode is the right choice for third person games.

FOV tweaks are always game specific, for about 150 games vorpX can do that automatically though. Can’t remember currently whether that’s the case for Batman:AA. If so, you can find an FOV setting on the DirectVR page of the vorpX menu. Please note that you don’t have to do anything if DirectVR handles FOV for a game.

BTW: If you haven’t done so already, I would strongly recommend to read the “Essential Hints Guide” in the help, which among other useful things contains further information regarding FOV in general.

NGL, I haven’t read that yet but I will this evening. I’m really excited to get VorpX working right because it looks awesome. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out with this.

RalleE
    Participant

Sorry… wrong thread i thing…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!