Future Best FPS: “Ready or Not” (Unreal Engine 4)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Future Best FPS: “Ready or Not” (Unreal Engine 4)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    artimage
    Participant

Anyone know the best profile for this game?
    “Ready or Not” (Unreal Engine 4)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1144200/Ready_or_Not/
    Sure the future best tactical FPS.

Thanks

Ralf
    Keymaster

If you can’t find a user profile on the cloud profiles page of the vorpX config app, you can try to make your own by copying another UE4 profile and then assigning the game’s .exe to the copied profile.

For more detailed instructions check the ‘User Profiles’ section in the vorpX help. It also lists a bunch of UE4 profiles that you can try as a base profile.

Michelangel0
    Participant

Sure the future best tactical FPS.

Thanks

A game looking for realism but relies on moving a mouse, hmmm is not the best already.
    There is already a thread in their forums asking for VR support.

Check Zero Caliber that is still being developed but it is already a very good one with Single Player campaign missions. They just released 2 very good and complex maps to play.
    The AI is still being adjusted but the game is very good one and the weapons are incredible !!!
    You have a full armory to unlock and get better.

artimage
    Participant

A game looking for realism but relies on moving a mouse, hmmm is not the best already.
    There is already a thread in their forums asking for VR support.

Check Zero Caliber that is still being developed but it is already a very good one with Single Player campaign missions. They just released 2 very good and complex maps to play.
    The AI is still being adjusted but the game is very good one and the weapons are incredible !!!
    You have a full armory to unlock and get better.

ArmA also relies on moving a mouse and it’s the one of the most realistic tactical game of the history. Ready or Not it’s the sucessor of Swat 4, the best police tactical game. Probe it and tell me if is not realistic, are exact real police tactics.
    In VR the games near of “Ready or Not” are Onward and Virtual WarFighter. Both are tactical and realistic FPS. Maybe Contractor VR but is in the level of Zero Caliber, very good FPS but not tactical and realistic.

artimage
    Participant

If you can’t find a user profile on the cloud profiles page of the vorpX config app, you can try to make your own by copying another UE4 profile and then assigning the game’s .exe to the copied profile.

For more detailed instructions check the ‘User Profiles’ section in the vorpX help. It also lists a bunch of UE4 profiles that you can try as a base profile.

Thanks Ralf, I probe with the Conarium UE4 profile and the game not start. Other good UE4 profiles for Probe?

Michelangel0
    Participant

ArmA also relies on moving a mouse and it’s the one of the most realistic tactical game of the history. Ready or Not it’s the sucessor of Swat 4, the best police tactical game. Probe it and tell me if is not realistic, are exact real police tactics.
    In VR the games near of “Ready or Not” are Onward and Virtual WarFighter. Both are tactical and realistic FPS. Maybe Contractor VR but is in the level of Zero Caliber, very good FPS but not tactical and realistic.

Yes but ArmA was released when there was no Virtual Reality, my point is that every FPS today that doesn’t support VR is less realistic that if there was VR support.
    Moving a mouse as today is NOT realistic compared to what you have today, where you can replicate a 1:1 model and aim the way it is actually designed.

And yes I can prove it easily, here are examples of new ways of trainings when different police departments understood that VR is closest way to simulate realism>

One thing is to enjoy 2D graphics on what we can both agree is fotometry and how real it looks, but is still a 2d image, and the real police is not shooting with a mouse.
    So the real training is to simulate the entire situation in Virtual Alternate Reality that creates it on real scale and only at that point the police can practice and shooting not with a mouse of course.

But of course I would love to have the same quality level on VR, do not get me wrong, my point is that for realism reasons the approace is to allow the player to move inside that simulation the same way as in real life.
    Maybe to study a situation without needing the same level of interaction it can be used a 2d Game as ArmA, but if you want to have a real simulation for real movements, then VR is the best choice today.

Here are more:

artimage
    Participant

I completely agree with what you say.
    What I was referring to realistically, I was referring to the police tactics used.
    As for movement in full agreement, without total free movement in VR there can be no authenticity.
    I know the videos of the police and military tactical VR simulators that you show me, since I have also been working on one of my own for a long time https://virtual3dgun.com/index_en.html with VBS, but I wanted to be able to try the Ready or Not in a psedo3D experience because it sure gives me good ideas, since so far the VR FPS that I have been testing do not end up being tactically realistic neither in weapons, nor in AI, et.

I have finally been able to configure the “Ready or Not” with the Conarium profile, although I have not been able to activate Direct VR. As this game cannot at the moment use the independent head of the weapon, and using the head tracking for the weapon is not operational and only makes you dizzy. I have preferred to play it in “Immersive Screen” format, I have raised the FOV of the game to the maximum , I have enlarged and folded the screen to the maximum in height and width, building a semi-dome until achieving a useful FOV with the Quest of about 160 degrees that allows me to turn the view to the side, and I have assigned the mouse to rotational movement (Pitch, Yaw) of the right Touch Controller with “auto_oculus_touch”, the left one I have assigned to the thumb pad the “wasd” movement of the character, the controls are attached to a rifle mount, and finally I connect with the Quest through AirLink wireless, I launch VorpX with “Oculus” mode and voila …. everything working and it’s a fascinating experience.

What I’m wondering is why it doesn’t allow you from VorpX to assign, for example, the mouse axes to the rotational axes (Pitch, Yaw) of the Touch Controllers without using third-party programs. If it is already being done for the head axes, it does not cost anything to put a check to assign the controls to the Touch and it would be very useful in the “Immersive Screen” mode. I say this because the “auto_oculus_touch” program only works from “Oculus” but is not activated from “SteamVR”.
    In fact I am going to test the ArmA 3 profile to see how it has been resolved in VorpX when you can turn the head independently of the weapon, because the ideal is, since you are with a VR helmet, is to stop using the mouse and use the Touch controllers as mouse that are also very accurate in mouse emulation mode.

Thanks a lot.

artimage
    Participant

Hi Ralf, I have tried these UE4 profiles (Conarium, The Turing Test, Get Even, Vampyr) but in none of them I have achieved any 3D effect, neither with G3D nor with Z3D. Is it possible that with this game the 3D mode cannot be activated?

On the other hand I have been testing the VorpX profile for the Arma 3 and it is very successful.
    I like that you can play with the head separated from the weapon, but it would be even better if you put the option to assign the movement of the touch controller (pitch / yaw) to the weapon and it would be perfect. I have tried it with the auto_oculus_touch program and it works perfect but this program does not work from SteamVR.
    In addition, this configuration would be useful for those who play FPS games in Immersive Screen mode and it is not convenient for them to use the head or the gamepad to move the weapon, and do not want to use the mouse.

It would also be perfect if you left free decision of assigning buttons and axes to the touch controllers, since for example I need to assign the movement keys (wasd) to the thumb pads of both touch at the same time, but you only allow me to assign it or to the right or to the left. Wouldn’t it be easier to leave free assignment of axes and buttons to any remote control and to adapt it to any configuration?

By the way congratulations on the development on the VorpX, very good job.
    Thanks a lot.

luka2099
    Participant

For ue4 you may try Observer profile. You can find it on cloud profile. For me is the best base for ue4 games

artimage
    Participant

sorry but with Observer profile not hooking

Smoils
    Participant

You have to try a lot of profiles before you find one that works, quick test I did a while back gave me one that worked in z3d but it wasnt all too good in terms of depth feel and biggest issue was weapons – in z3d they seem to be too close to camera and using ironsights was not comfy – full of “watery” artifacts. No, I cant say what profile Ive tried as I dont remember and I got rid of it because it wasnt working well for me (game didnt want to run well with good resolution either on ,y 1070)

Im just saying there are profiles out there that will work but you have to spend quite some time trying them all.

artimage
    Participant

You have to try a lot of profiles before you find one that works, quick test I did a while back gave me one that worked in z3d but it wasnt all too good in terms of depth feel and biggest issue was weapons – in z3d they seem to be too close to camera and using ironsights was not comfy – full of “watery” artifacts. No, I cant say what profile Ive tried as I dont remember and I got rid of it because it wasnt working well for me (game didnt want to run well with good resolution either on ,y 1070)

Im just saying there are profiles out there that will work but you have to spend quite some time trying them all.

Thanks, I probe with several profiles (Conarium, The Turing Test, Get Even, Observer, etc) but none function with any 3D effect. Although I active the Z3D/G3D option I don’t see any 3D effect. I also have a 1070 and the FPS are good at 1920×1080.

Smoils
    Participant

I did find several z3d profiles that are working great, but you need to disable post fx and antialisaing for it to work, I used some ini tweaks too but Im not sure its needed.

I put it in the cloud and as for G3D everything Ive tried had weird rendering issues with some shaders and couldnt be fixed with shader authoring.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!