G3D mode for all games and DX12 and Vulcan support

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion G3D mode for all games and DX12 and Vulcan support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rustysalter
    Participant

When? Soon? Never? Maybe?

Do you guys think we will eventually have to get this software compatibility otherwise we won’t be able to play newer games?

JESUSTAYS
    Participant

You must be newer to the software like I was too.Asked asked always the same question over and over again.Fact is each available game that works had been done by tedious work and dedication by the dev or devs.They try to meet all requests but somethings were just not designed in the software to work for vr.I have tried to get avp classic 2000 in Vr for years but at least they managed to get the newer ones to work and alien iso.

steph12
    Participant

it’s not that simple sadly.
    every games are different and it not humanly possible to have all games working with vorpx, not even talking about G3D mode which is another huge work per game.

TheBalt
    Participant

it’s not that simple sadly.
    every games are different and it not humanly possible to have all games working with vorpx, not even talking about G3D mode which is another huge work per game.

thats all fine and good, Steph. But get Doom Eternal working.

lol jk. :P

J0hnnieW4lker
    Participant

It would be nice to know if this is in the radar of the devs, if there are any plans or just nothing is being done, so no hope.
    If Vulcan and DX12 never get a fix. It will come to a point that there will be no more games with G3D, it will basically die. And Z3D is kind of a fake 3D, not as good, but I would say that for someone getting to know 3D now for the first time, it does look nice compared to 2D, but not as impressive and amazing as G3D, in some games GD3 is just something from another world! I hope it is in the radar, in my opinion this should be one of the top priorities, coz cannot let G3D die.

luka2099
    Participant

once, i wouldn’t want to be wrong, but i seem to have read a post from ralf, explaining how it is nearly impossible to handle vulkan with vorpx. he said that vulkan offers programmers a lot of possibilities, but on the other hand it makes it difficult to program vorpx for games with vulkan. repeats maybe I misunderstood and I get confused.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Rumor control: you got somehow confused indeed. :) To avoid entirely unnecessary confusion like this, it would be great if in the future you could only quote something you think I said when you can provide the actual quote.

What I actually said was (two years ago), in a nutshell: I can’t tell before I checked.

Vulkan is definitely something I will look into with future games in mind. DX12/Vulkan hand a lot of control to developers though, making things potentially harder for vorpX, so what will be possible for these APIs in terms of 3D remains to be seen.

Please understand that I can’t comment any further on potential future development. The confusion caused by even the small reply above explains by itself why that is never a good idea.

steph12
    Participant

have you started checking vulkan support tho ?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Nice try. ;)

Please understand that I can’t comment any further on potential future development. The confusion caused by even the small reply above explains by itself why that is never a good idea.

aaronth07
    Participant

Wait, there’s no DX12 support? But doesn’t VorpX support RDR2, Deathloop, and other DX12 games? Or is it on a per-game basis, not generic DX12 support?

steph12
    Participant

Wait, there’s no DX12 support? But doesn’t VorpX support RDR2, Deathloop, and other DX12 games? Or is it on a per-game basis, not generic DX12 support?

there is Z3D support for a very fews games for now.
    DX12 with vorpx is just starting. G3D seems years away (but i hope i’m wrong and in fact i have zero clue about that, only Ralf knows).

matteo39
    Participant

now that dx12 is supported with beta, is vulcan supported too?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!