G3D not working with The Elder Scrolls Online

Homepage Forums Technical Support G3D not working with The Elder Scrolls Online

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Khaleev
    Participant

Hello, i am trying to launch eso with G3D but all i have is a black screen after startup logo. i can switch to Z3D normal and adaptative but when i try to switch on G3D all i see is some coloured horizontal lines.
    I did not have this problem before (few months ago), is there any way to solve it?
    I wanted to try some profiles from the cloud but i can’t login successfully with my id and password from vorpx software.

RuinerD
    Participant

G3d gives me the same colored distorted lines now,too, when I can even get a game to show up in my headset (most don’t now) after the recent update. Are you using a WMR headset?

Ralf
    Keymaster

@ Khaleev : If it’s the same issue as ususal (a certain shader having changed after a game update) you might be able to work around it by first switching to Z3D and then back to G3D later after the game loaded.

Either way I’ll take a look at the game next week. Almost certainly something that can be fixed with a profile update. Unfortunately ESO updates tend to break things for vorpX once or twice a year.

Khaleev
    Participant

@RuinerD Yes i am using a WMR headset (acer AH101).

@Ralf Thanks it worked. I also have headset fps drop under 90, i noticed that it goes back to 90fps when i switch between fidelityfx options. This option is a really nice improvement for Eso.

stefanw1337
    Participant

Either way I’ll take a look at the game next week. Almost certainly something that can be fixed with a profile update. Unfortunately ESO updates tend to break things for vorpX once or twice a year.

Yeah, it’s that time of year again.. And I was so excited to play :(

Ralf
    Keymaster

Pretty much each bigger game update changes exactly that one shader that causes a black screen on launch. Literally for years now… Slowly I can’t help but wonder whether that is done to personally annoy me. ;)

Next time you launch vorpX you should automatically receive a profile database database that includes an updated profile for the game.

If you don’t receive the database update for some reason, you can alternatively download the updated profile in the config app on the Cloud Profiles page. The one you want is named ‘The Elder Scrolls [vorpX]’.

MarkC
    Participant

Has this issue been reintroduced since it was fixed in June?

I’m a brand new user to VR/VorpX so still learning the roaps. using a primax 8kx and trying to get things running with ESO first (since I already had that game installed).

I’m running into this issue (i.e. first two logo screens show then black screen). I’ve tried various profiles and configs to no avail.

I have a few times managed to get into the game by typing in my password (blindly since the screen is black but I only got that to work twice out of like 30 attemps now).

is this rebroken for others too?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!