G3D Setup Help

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion G3D Setup Help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    TheBenCrazy
    Participant

Hello,

I have been trying to get a game NASCAR Racing 2003 to work with Vorpx for a while now and asking for help. Though I was successful getting it to work in the normal and z-buffer modes, the 3d effect was only effecting the cockpit and not the track outside. The only mode that seemed to work for both inside the car and outside was G3D but it is unplayable due to THIS.

Things I have tried to fix the issue include trying multiple different Vorpx profiles for other games, disabling ant-aliasing in the game and on the nvidia control panel, different graphic settings in the game to no avail. Another thing you should know is that the game only works with vorpx when using a file called d3d8.dll which allows the game to run in directx 9.

So mainly I want to know if anyone knows a fix for this issue if it is a game setting or a nvidia setting or how I can create my own Vorpx profile for g3d to resolve it.

Thanks,
    TheBenCrazy

RJK_
    Participant

You can either try out some of my cloud profiles (marked with d3d8to9 – user rjkole) if you are using this dll (v1.9). Or try DGVoodoo2 v 2.55.4 with some of my DGVoodoo2 profiles from the cloud. They are all different so its worth going through them. Some games though are only partly 3D in main which is hopefully not the case with your game.

TheBenCrazy
    Participant

Yes!!!

Thank you so much. Got it to work with the MahJong Master 5 profile strangely enough. Other profiles would do the same or textures would be misplaced. Now here is the thing, for me the most important thing was to get the outside track in 3d which is what this did but now the interior is in 2d which is fine for me. I will continue to tweak and double check the other profiles to see if I can get both but in the meantime this will work. If you want to give it a go yourself, I can PM you a link to the game (it’s vaperware).

Thanks,
    TheBenCrazy

RJK_
    Participant

Thanks for the offer but i rather use official games for my profiles because different game versions very often differ that much that a profile doesnt work anymore.

What you can do yourself is open the vorpx ingame shader editing page and step through the single shaders. That way you can find out if the interior is set to “no stereo” for example. If so deactivate that shader or try different settings for that.

Important: When importing a profile, also try the different ways you import them. There is an option saying “keep special shader settings” or similar. En or disabling this can make a big difference but you alsways have the option to edit them manually.

TheBenCrazy
    Participant

It’s the full version of the game and there is only one version so my wording might be off saying it is vaporware as in you can download the full game for free without it being illegal or piracy.

I have tried the shaders but only 4 to 5 show as options and when I tried activating or deactivating nothing seemed to happen but will test later. Anyways thanks for helping.

RJK_
    Participant

Ive just tested a demo of the game v1.000 but it was crashing soon as a hit the drive button. That game is really really old and i would doubt that you will have big fun in VR with it. Respecting that this perhaps is your favorite game though i would suggest trying something newer with better graphics. There are hundrets of newer racing games that you can buy used for a few cent only.

Another thing you could do ist trying the opengl renderer (graphics settings). Use either the Descent2 or Quake3/4 profile for it.

TheBenCrazy
    Participant

I completely understand as far as graphics goes and the game is 16 years old but unfortunately physics wise, it is the best oval racing game available and thousands of people still use it despite its age and modern modded tracks and cars are available. Try THIS link if you want another go and here is how I got head tracking to work.

Mainly the profile is the last step I need (which I mainly got thanks to your profile) but I understand past this point I can work on it since the game can be a pain to install.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!