Game closes in VR after I choose chapter select

Homepage Forums Technical Support Game closes in VR after I choose chapter select

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scycat
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to play Poppy Playtime with all the default settings (literally just downloaded Vorpx so I’m completely new to it), and yeah like the title says, the game exits on the Quest 2 after I select a chapter, but still runs on my computer.

Side note: I know Poppy Playtime isn’t in the list of supported games but I’ve seen a few videos of people using Vorpx to play it but sadly with no explanation/guide.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Haha, creepy fun looking. When I saw it was free on steam I downloaded it, but I haven’t played it yet.

But the file structure is very unique with this game. It runs a launcher with Unity Engine, but switches to Unreal 4 Engine when you select Chapter 1. This explains why vorpX closes when you select the chapter, as a totally different exe boots up that vorpX is not expecting.

Instead you should start the game from the directory folder, not the launcher on steam. Run the Poppy_Playtime-Win64-Shipping.exe from: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Poppy Playtime\WindowsNoEditor\Poppy_Playtime\Binaries\Win64

If you want any 3D effect, you will need to create or download a profile for this game, that is assigned to Poppy_Playtime-Win64-Shipping.exe. Or if you just want it flat, you can let vorpX auto attach when the game starts.

I see someone has already posted a profile on the cloud you could try, although it claims the 3D effect is very subtle.

Scycat
    Participant

Thank you so much, this worked! :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!