Game recognition question

Homepage Forums Technical Support Game recognition question

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Delphi
    Participant

Hello vorpX Team,

I have a question regarding the recognition of supported games. I´m currently experimenting with playing Fallout New Vegas with VorpX(EdgePeek is such a great feature in this game btw.!), and I have run into a small problem. When I launch the game with it´s normal .exe Vorpx recognizes the game, and all options are available, so everything is fine here.

Unfortunately Fallout and other Gamebryo Engine games are memory hogs, and crash quite regulary. To circumvent this problem there are modified loaders for the game, which make it large address aware(which enables the use of up to 4GB of RAM). This reduces game crashes quite effective, but unfortunately the game isn´t recognized by VorpX, when run with this modified .exe(btw. the process of Fallout is called FalloutNV.4gb with the modified loader in task manager).

Now, here is my question: Is there some way to, for example, add the name of the process to a list, which allows VorpX to recognize it as Fallout New Vegas? If not, is there any other way to work around this problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide, and a big extra thanks for creating this driver :)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately you are pretty much on your own when you use special loaders etc. Some games seem to work fine when using such loaders (for example Skyrim works fine here using SKSE), but others might not. I might look into this at a later point in time for more popular games, but I have to admit that this is not that high on the priority list. Sorry.

Delphi
    Participant

I can understand that you have more important matters to do, as this is a rather special request. Luckily at least NVSE is working without problems, so I will try to find another LAA solution for Fallout. And thanks for your fast and honest answer. I´ll be able to handle a few more game crashes than usual, if it bothers me too much I have to resort to play without the rift :)

Best wishes

Lycistus
    Participant

Did anyone ever find a way to run the 4gb wrapper with Vorpx? Newer multicore processors have an issue with New Vegas being single core 32 bit, and not large address aware and consistently have issues with stable gameplay. I address everything myself besides the large address aware flag as steam will shit bricks if I alter the exe itself, hence why a wrapper was needed in the first place. The wrapper does have parameters, so I was wondering if someone could let me know what needs to be injected to allow Vorpx to function?

Lycistus
    Participant

I meant to say New Vegas being *optimized for* single core 32 bit OP’s, and not large address aware

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!