Gamepad remapping

Homepage Forums Technical Support Gamepad remapping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nowayfra
    Participant

Howdy, newbie in vorpx here. Bought it to play RE7 and compared to the originial PS4pro VR experience it works quite good so far. Problem remains for me: how can i change the gamepad mappings throug the ingame vorpx menu? I localized the according option (gampad RB must change from Key E to key G) but how to trigger any change? From using the gamepad as input device for that menu operation i have failed so far. Unfortunately my Index room scale setup doesnt allow to reach my PCs keypad. Do i need to push “G” on the PCs keypad while howering the vorpx-menu mouse cursor above the Key field? Thanks for hints.
    By the way i think the profiles should be in plain ASCII format to be able to make rudimentary changes there.

Ralf
    Keymaster

To remap buttons to keyboard keys you need indeed access to an actual keyboard. If you have absolutely no way to get close enough to your PC, the only solution that comes to mind is getting a cheap wireless keyboard.

VITALY PONOMAREV
    Participant

I was testing internal gamepad emulation by vorpX in Skyrim. All worked fine, but i need to remap some buttons of gamepad to other keys. For the first time i was can do it without any throubles, but i forget to press OK/save in game settings menu. Now i can’t reassign any keyboard keys or mouse click buttons to gamepad button emulation in game settings menu vorpX, because his not reaction on my keys pressing. I can only assign mouse wheelup or mouse wheeldown emulation. Interesting yet: if i try assign ‘TAB’ key to ‘B’ gamepad key i can see that skyrim open magic/map/inventory menu in game altougch i located in vorpX game menu settings at this moment (in gamepad remap settings). What is it? It is bug of vorpX? Maybe there other way to remap gamepad keys for any game?

VITALY PONOMAREV
    Participant

Yesterday i have done full factory reset vorpX, but nothing changed. I can’t remap gamepad buttons to any keyboard keys and mouse click buttons. vorpX wait for my keys pressing and i can’t even close setting ingame menu while not wheel up or wheel down mouse connected to PC (in this case vorpX mapping gamepad button to mouse wheelup or mouse wheeldown). I was try remap gamepad buttons in others games, such as Alien Isolation and Lust from Beyond, but unsuccessfully. These games has same issue. vorpX wait for my keys pressing but do not map any keys when i press them. When i press middle mouse button i can see on/off edgepeak function of vorpX, altough ingame settings menu is open at this moment.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Games have to run in the foreground for vorpX track keyboard input. That’s pretty much the only thing I can imagine to be the issue here. If you run a game fullscreen, it should always be in the foreground. If you run a game windowed, try clicking into its window to ensure it’s the foreground window.

VITALY PONOMAREV
    Participant

My games were running in fullscreen mode. I was able to remap keys to gamepad buttons after twice pressing ALT+TAB keys combination while vorpX waiting my keys. And then i was get availability to remap all necessary buttons and save settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!