Games don't work with vorpX

Homepage Forums Technical Support Games don't work with vorpX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mapaxius
    Participant

Hi,

Last week I bought vorpX with the obvious intentions of using it to play games with the Oculus. I did installed it without problems, but after launching vorpX, any game I try to use, just doesn’t work. I sent two emails to support, but I didn’t got an answer. I am really nervous about this, I really want vorpX to work, can someone help me? I have an alienware, maybe there is a program that I don’t know that is interfering with vorpX.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Did you check your spam folder? Anyways: please first try to run vorpX as admin. Should be avoided normally, but may help – for example if you are running Steam or your games as admin for some reason. In such a case vorpX would also require admin rights to hook into the games. There is an option to do this in the vorpX config app.

If that does not help and multiple games are not hooking in a similar manner, there indeed probably is a program on your PC that creates a conflict with vorpX by also hooking into games. Quite a few programs do this, not all are obvious. This may be a virus scanner, a graphics driver add-on (e.g. MSI Afterburner), a CPU tweaking utility, a chat program that can display notifications in games, a video streaming/recording program etc.

The trouble shooting guide in the help lists a few things to look out for. To be sure ideally disable/uninstall all background programs that wouldn’t be running on a fresh, unaltered Windows install.

Mapaxius
    Participant

Hi Ralf,

First I would like to thank you for your quick response. I did checked the spam folder, I checked it everyday including today and still there aren’t any response from support. I disabled the antivirus, disabled all the extensions on windows, still games crashes at startup. Vorpx opens perfectly and never crashes, but when it comes to try playing any game supported, the games crashes at startup, I am going mad trying to find a solution because I got high expectations about this. Do you have any knowledge about a problem like mine while using an alienware machine, perhaps I am missing something, like a program that may interfiere with vorpX, I currently am without ideas. I use the troubleshooting guide but nothing there helped me. Could you please tell me when the next update of vorpx is coming? Even if you don’t know exactly, could you give me an estimate? I spent 40 dollars on this, I knew the risks, still it would be incredibly awesome to get vorpX working. Again thank you for your support.

peteski123
    Participant

Hey Ralf,
    I was wondering if Nvidia and their latest driver had something to do with it as I am now having problems getting any game to hook into Vorpx? I am still on Runtime 7, is runtime 8 all working as it should now with Vorpx as I might try that instead?

Thanks again
    Pete

peteski123
    Participant

Quick edit, it was the latest Nvidia driver, guess they stopped support for Runtime 7 so I have am now using 8

Ralf
    Keymaster

Runtime 0.8 is highly recommended, it’s the one that is used here since it was released. Shouldn’t affect the hooking process, but probably is more stable.

Nvidia driver: parts of Geforce Experience like the game recording *may* cause problems. So, if you don’t really need it, completely deinstalling Geforce Experience may be worth a try.

However, the most common cause of hooking issues are virus scanners and certain “security” software that may prevent vorpX from hooking into games. Some of these may even have to be uninstalled to disable them completely (BitDefender, Comodo for example). The next common group of programs that may cause issues are graphics card and CPU tweaking utils that some mainboard/graphics card vendors bundle with their hardware. And then everything else that may hook into games.

If you know when the issue started to occur, the easiest way to deal with it propably is to go back to an earlier system restore point.

Mapaxius
    Participant

How did you manage to fix the problem?

Mapaxius
    Participant

Ralf do you think if I uninstall mcafee(my antivirus), it will fix the problem?

Ralf
    Keymaster

Certainly worth a try. Virus scanners should always be the first thing to disable/uninstall in case of a general hooking issue.

Most of these scanners inspect launching programs in memory, and some of them are, well, slightly overzeleaous. This can cause issues with vorpX which has to hook into other programs at launch to work.

My personal recommendation would be to use the Microsoft av solution and firewall, as these probably aren’t as invasive as some of the others.

Mapaxius
    Participant

Not even the desktop viewer works, it automatically crashes when trying to connect to the rift, I can see the tracker camera light turning on, but in one second the game or the desktop viewer crashes. Thanks for your recommendation, your advices are always great, but I can’t get vorpX to work. I searched for any response from support, but I didnt have one. I already reinstalled vorpX 2 times, the problem persists. This issue is driving me crazy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!