COMFORTABLE games for a relative VR beginner?

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion COMFORTABLE games for a relative VR beginner?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    StonedMagician
    Participant

To start off, I am currently unable to play VR games that lack a teleport function. If I try, I get motion sick pretty quickly.

My question is: what (official) VorpX games would be best suited for me? First person ones are out of the question, but would things like Resident Evil 4 or Tomb Raider (third person games) be good for me? I’m looking for answers from people who HAVE EXPERIENCED MOTION SICKNESS in VR before. And before I buy this product, I want to know whether I even should.

Ralph
    Participant

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 and in few days the dlc,too.No other vorpx game is better optimized.

But you can also play The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Enhanced Edition, it is very good optimized, too.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Maybe first you could try playing those games in a free program like Bigscreen Beta or Virtual Desktop and see how you feel. Most third person games in vorpX are played on a similar virtual screen, but adds the stereo 3D effect that makes it look like VR.

Teleport function is not something vorpX adds to games. And because the games we are tying to play were not designed for VR, you can’t expect the same locomotion and tracking systems as native VR.

I’m not prone to motion sickness in VR so I might not qualify for your question, but I do use vorpX for all games that I play. A few of my favorite third person games being Assassin’s Creed Odyssey/Origins, Witcher 3, and RDR2.

StonedMagician
    Participant

Oh shit, you’re right. I’m dumb, I didn’t even think about using VD as a test run. I guess I could do that, yeah. I’ll see how games make me feel in that. Maybe there’ll be some vorpx 3D-capable games I can play without feeling sick. I would LOVE if there were, because I think playing certain games in genuine 3D with the immersion of VR would be amazing.

Thanks very much for the suggestion! It’s definitely something I’ll try.

hughmanwho
    Participant

One thing that can help a lot is immersive mode(I think that’s the right one)

But it turns the output into something that is more like a screen that you can set to whatever size you want using screen distance. It just happens to be 3d. Easier to picture it as just being a screen and not thinking about it like the entire world moving around you. And still quite nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!