games that are a challenge for profile creators

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion games that are a challenge for profile creators

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    matteo39
    Participant

there are games for which it seems impossible to create a vorpx profile, the first that come to mind are:

RAGE
    STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC
    SYNDICATE

does anyone believe he can accept the challenge? :)

write other games (not recently released) for which it was not possible to create a vorpx profile

ilkj4832z
    Participant

there are games for which it seems impossible to create a vorpx profile, the first that come to mind are:

Okami
    Valkyria Chronicles
    The Crew
    Grid Autosport
    World of Final Fantasy

ilkj4832z
    Participant

Grid Autosport was due to a problem with my computer.
    After uninstalling completely and doing it again it was 3D.

matteo39
    Participant

star wars the old republic & Rage…is impossible?i hope not

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX does not support newer (shader based) OpenGL versions in stereoscopic 3D. With a few exception OpenGL games newer than Doom 3/Quake 4 are 2D only.

There is no way to create a Geometry 3D profile for Rage unless vorpX gets G3D support for newer OpenGL versions, which is unlikely since just a handful of games would benefit from that.

dimensionaldude
    Participant

Is there a guide for going about trying to create a profile for an unsupported game? The only thing I’ve done is try to get it to use a profile from another game that shares the same game engine. I wasn’t sure if there was a more in-depth process than that.

Ralf
    Keymaster

After you created a custom a profile with basic G3D support by copying an existing one you can access advanced shader authoring in the vorpX menu do define shadows, HUD shaders for a scalable HUD etc. or disable effects that don’t work well in stereo.

To unlock these authoring options check “Enable expert settings” and then “G3D Shader Authoring” in the config app. The authoring menu can then be accessed ingame with CTRL+END.

dimensionaldude
    Participant

Thanks a bunch.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!