Games won't attach

Homepage Forums Technical Support Games won't attach

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Thris
    Participant

Hi, i having some problems running any gmae with vorpx, they just wont attach only run in desktop and not inside my vive, i have tryed ever guide i could find , i even try to make a desktop sortcuts but nothing (the game dosnt even start from sortcuts)
    i would really apriciate some help here.

p.s. i did also disabled all the programs running in background

nieda113
    Participant

Hi what games dont hook?

Thris
    Participant

hey, resident evil 7 , Kindom come deliverance, vermintide

nieda113
    Participant

do other games hook? Maybe u did not add the games exe to vorpx?
    do u have reshade installed, do u get like : waiting too long for the .exe too load?

Thris
    Participant

Hej, today i tryed alien isolation and it works without changing anything in vorpx so i guess its something else. No i dont have reshade, althought its a lite weird because when i use a sortcut for alien isolation it doesnt work but when i press play within steam it does work, the other games just start ignoring vorpx and steam’s desktop game theatre(i’ve tryed both check and uncheck steam’s desktop game theatre). I would apriciate any help becouse the reson i bought vorpx was resident evil 7 i dont really care for other games

nieda113
    Participant

hi understood,, but there is no need for steam desktop theatre disable all steam game overlays and ur games should hook.Generally all overlays supposed be disabled.And btw did u exclude other programs u might have installed in vorpx exclusion menu?
    Of course u might try to start ur games as admin.

dellrifter22
    Participant

You don’t need to be creating vorpX shortcuts, that’s a thing of the past (I don’t use any). Just launch games through steam client like normal, from your monitor not in your headset. Not in Big Picture Mode or steam game theater.

It doesn’t hurt to have steamvr already running, and it will sometimes warn you that “This game does not support VR…” in which case just click OK to continue anyway.

Other things to check:
    – Make sure vorpX has “SteamVR” as selected device in the config app
    – Not running any antivirus that could be blocking (Windows Defender is fine)
    – Not running FRAPS or other FPS counter overlays. No system monitor overlays like EVGA Percision etc (if these are running it will cause trouble)

RE7 should start up and work fine. Been a while since I tried it, but it worked for me.

Thris
    Participant

Thanks for the tips but steel nothing, i uninstall and install the game even.
    Do i have to setup the game with certen video options before vorpx can work?

nieda113
    Participant

nope

one last thing i guess ur on win10,,,, u might want to turn off defender and any antivirus ..if not done

Thris
    Participant

yes i run win 10 i’ll try and see, thnx :)

Thris
    Participant

Finaly i’ve got it to work, for some reason even if i dont use windows defender when i disabled everything i could find about windows defender it worked. After the first start i turn everything back again and now no problems at all. Thanks for your tips everyone :)

NotAGameAddict
    Participant

Thank you for the tip. I had the same problem with Metro Exodus. With your help it works now.

Isameru
    Participant

Hi. I just went into a trouble running Metro Exodus on Oculus Rift S and found this thread. What eventually helped me was switching the renderer API from DX12 to DX11.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX should do that automatically normally, maybe it failed for some reason.

Just in case: If you happen to have disabled automatic game settings, please re-enable that in the config app.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!