Gears 5 (Steam version) won't hook

Homepage Forums Technical Support Gears 5 (Steam version) won't hook

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    buckjohnston
    Participant

I’m trying some UE4 profiles on Gears5.exe steam version doesn’t want to hook. is it the easy anti-cheat?

It’s a shame because all of the cutscenes are realtime in this game. The campaign could be incredible to see in full geometry 3d I imagine.

dellrifter22
    Participant

Yeah EAC blocks injection, making it hard to play newer games since so many use it now. I just learned that following Gears 5, Halo:MCC PC will also use EAC :\

We still have our fingers crossed that vorpX can make the whitelist (as versions of ReShade and other apps have), and are still waiting to hear if progress has been made since Ralf and EAC were last in contact about it.

This is often on my mind, but I haven’t wanted to pressure a response from Ralf before he’s ready. That both parties sounded optimistic at the time still gives me hope :)

Until then, people have resorted to finding cheat trainer software online that bypass EAC for some games. Due to the risks and questionable legality of installing such softwares, Ralf has asked us not to post links or discuss details here.

I did do a bit of creative googling though, and lets just say if you wanted to, you might find a current possibility for Gears 5. At your own risk of course.

Also note that we’ve yet to hear a success story from playing any game through the Windows Store. It seems to have it’s own drm injection prevention. Too bad, since GamePass seems quite the deal.

buckjohnston
    Participant

Thanks for the info, I may look into the bypass for now. Really want to play the campaign in vorpx!

jjensson
    Participant

Also note that we’ve yet to hear a success story from playing any game through the Windows Store.

Isn’t Gears 5 available on Steam as well?

buckjohnston
    Participant

@jjensson I just tested steam version also and can confirm that Easy anti-cheat appears to be blocking it as it won’t hook. Tried all the UE4 profiles.

dellrifter22
    Participant

In case you are still trying, I just discovered Gears 5 is dx12 only :/. So that means vorpX currently can’t hook even without EAC. Sorry man.

buckjohnston
    Participant

Thanks for the info man, I just tried again today actually haha. I think I will give up now with that news.

Dave
    Participant

Instructions on how to disable Easy Anti-Cheat for trainer to work

Download GearsLauncher zip file & extract this zip file to your desktop or any place where you can easily find it. Before starting game, first start Cheat Evolution App and select Gears 5 Trainer. Run Gears5Launcher.exe from where you have extracted it. A messagebox will popup instructing you to load Gears 5 Trainer first from Cheat Evolution App, if you have already then click OK. Afterward another messagebox will popup instructing you to run your game and enjoy cheats ;). Keep that popup box running and click OK only after you have played the game and closed it. If the first GearsLauncher doesn’t work for some reason, then Download this GearsLauncher instead. All the other steps stays the same.

(cheatevolution)

Please do yourself a favor and do not use trainer, use the bypass only for vorpx

Have fun !!!

Dave
    Participant

Gears 5 works in Z-Normal 3D with the Red Dead Redemption 2 Profile ! With deactivated EAC it hooks reliable !

dellrifter22
    Participant

That’s neat to hear. I wondered if it might.

Now, has anyone tried the new Modern Warfare with the RDR2 profile yet?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!