Geometry Optimization (for Source Games in particular)

Homepage Forums General vorpX Discussion Geometry Optimization (for Source Games in particular)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Blakestr
    Participant

Version 9.0 is a godsend, despite what all the haters are saying. But i’ve noticed that Geometry mode seems to lower my framerate drastically…I’m talking about going from 114 fps to 10 fps. I know it is more hardware intensive, I am looking for ways to continue using geometry without losing so much performance…any tricks or optimization?

Specifically I am using Garry’s Mod. I find that Geometry is the only mode that gives a real sense of presence but maybe If someone can share their Z-Adaptive settings (I get graphical glitches/artifacts) then I can try that to…

Basically, post your graphical settings.

FYI I’m using a gaming pc that runs the Witcher 3 on Ultra with average 45fps

Thanks Ralf for all your hard work. Keep at it, stay positive. You’ll rarely hear things from the customers who had no problems.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I remember an issue once with severe framerate drops in Source games with multisampling antialiasing enabled. That should be solved, but it may still be worth a try to check whether disabling AA helps. Maybe the fix for that isn’t working in all cases.

Blakestr
    Participant

I remember an issue once with severe framerate drops in Source games with multisampling antialiasing enabled. That should be solved, but it may still be worth a try to check whether disabling AA helps. Maybe the fix for that isn’t working in all cases.

Thanks for the fast reply. That worked, I just disabled AA. (I also noticed that the frame rate dropped using G3D when I activated Virtual Cinema, probably because there is some form of AA in the Virtual Cinema maybe? Anyway, thanks for the quick fix!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!