Getting error ā€“ oculus headset not found

Homepage Forums Technical Support Getting error – oculus headset not found

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    bcozier
    Participant

For some reason with version 16.2.0 I could get vorpx to work with ReviveInjector. But now with 16.2.1 whenever I try to use ReviveInjector Vorpx errors out with Oculus headset not detected. Was this done on purpose to prevent ReviveInjector from working with vorpx? What changed in the way Vorpx detects oculus headset?

Ralf
    Keymaster

The only changes in the hotfix update are the ones mentioned in the release notes. There certainly isn’t anything that would intentionally block Revive. Only thing I can imagine is that it may be caused by compiling this version with the latest Oculus SDK, but that’s nothing that could be addressed.

Out of curiosity: what are you using Revive for? Since vorpX supports both Rift and Vive natively that seems somewhat redundant.

bcozier
    Participant

I’ve been noticing lower performance with Vive mode and screen blinking occasionally and a warning from vorpx saying 29fps poor performance even with Tomb Raider Underworld which is a real old game. However in oculus mode I never had those problems. What you say makes sense…the revive injector probably needs to be recompiled with the latest oculus sdk as well. I wish there was a way to rollback vorpx version or say skip update. Thanks for your reply.

bcozier
    Participant

Update: there was a new revive installer available. I am back up and running with Oculus Rift support using my galaxy s7 at 2560×1440. Incredible. Don’t have positional tracking but not used the majority of times.

I also have confirmed that for some strange reason using VorpX in Vive mode takes a massive performance hit resulting in the warning message 29fps so I have no idea what VorpX is doing differently against the whole Riftcat hosting Vive games through Steam VR but Vorpx in Oculus is fast.

I already ordered the Wearality 150 degree FOV glasses from amazon to then try out with Riftcat and VorpX. So far I have absolutely no need to buy a Rift or Vive with this better image quality in VorpX. No tracking controllers is the only disadvantage preventing me from running some Steam Vive games.

sapolettos
    Participant

i have this error message with vorpx and battlefield 3: ‘ oculus headset not found’….

then bf3 starts, vorpx splashscreen appears on low desktop, but there is no game into oculus.

zahncisten
    Participant
    zahncisten
    Participant

@sapolettos

In VorpX Config under General Have you tried setting the Device selection to SteamVR? That seems to solve a lot of issues.

sapolettos
    Participant

@sapolettos

In VorpX Config under General Have you tried setting the Device selection to SteamVR? That seems to solve a lot of issues.

i’ve tried, but in “steamvr” mode, vorpx won’t work with my oculus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

You need to install SteamVR in Steam. If that is the case, you can use vorpX in Oculus mode as well as in SteamVR mode.

If still neither works after doing that, try to reinstall the latest Oculus software, just in case it is somehow not installed correctly.

sapolettos
    Participant

i’ve reinstalled oculus software and tried with steam vr mode: for some games, appears the message ” oculus headset not found” from vorpx….the game starts with vorpx splash screen, but there is no image into oculus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after trying a few games that bahave this way for you. Send the .zip file to support |at| vorpx com, I’d like to check whether your logfiles show anything unusual.

sapolettos
    Participant

Please create a trouble shoot data archive in the config app after trying a few games that bahave this way for you. Send the .zip file to support |at| vorpx com, Iā€™d like to check whether your logfiles show anything unusual.

i’ve send it: thank you.

Ralf
    Keymaster

The game that showed this issue in your logfile (Thief 3 – Deadly Shadows) is not supported by vorpX. Unsupported games may or may not work. This is doubly true for old DX7/8 games that require an additional modded DLL like dgVoodoo to potentially work at all.

If you encounter the same issue with an officially supported game, please resend a trouble shoot data archive after trying this supported game.

sapolettos
    Participant

The game that showed this issue in your logfile (Thief 3 ā€“ Deadly Shadows) is not supported by vorpX.

ok, thank you.

only one thing to conclude: I have already applied the dgvoodoo to the game, and in fact until a few days ago it worked perfectly without the error of “oculus not found”

Ralf
    Keymaster

The issue with some old games like this one is that vorpX has to apply some Windows version check workaround for the Oculus runtime to init. According to your logfile that failed apparently. Might be due to an update of the Oculus runtime.

I’ll check whether something can be done, but in general please do not expect any unsupported game to work at all. Whether it worked at some point or not doesn’t really matter.

One thing you could check is whether you run either vorpX or the game in some compatibilty mode. If that is the issue: please never run vorpX or a game you want to play with it in XP/98 or any other compatibilty mode. And I really mean NEVER. :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!