Getting stuck in loading screen

Homepage Forums Technical Support Getting stuck in loading screen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dabaduuu
    Participant

Hi there,
    I yesterday purchased vorpx and I tried to run
    ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ with it.
    As soon as I launch the game I get stuck in the loading screen in vr mode.
    I only see the game’s icon and some text saying that ROTTR.exe takes longer to load up than expected etc..

Im running on

Intel CPU
      Nvidia GTX (no SLI)
      Oculus Rift CV 1
      Windows 10 (freshly installed)

That’s what I’ve tried so far:

Uninstalled 3D Vision drivers of nvidia
      Uninstalled Gefore experience, Skype and any other software that’s able to put labels over the game
      Disabled any gpu/cpu tools
      Toggled DirectX 12 mode in the tomb raider configuration

I’m using my onboard graphic while having the rift plugged into the gtx to see my own desktop.
    But I also tried to disable the integrated onboard graphic and started up with Virtual Desktop to launch the
    game through the rift itself.
    I toggled the DirectX 12 mode in both cases again but nothing worked.

When starting the game, having onboard graphics enabled, I’m at least able to see the game opening on my screen.
    I can also see a vorpx-text being rendered directly into the game but I neither reach the tomb raider ingame menu
    in vr nor on my monitor.

The desktop viewer of vorpx didn’t work for me as well but that’s not a problem for me.
    I rather need help to make the game run properly.
    Thanks for reading :-)

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds suspiciously like an injection conflict with some other program on your PC.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall background processes that are not required. Especially the types listed above.

Dabaduuu
    Participant

Sounds suspiciously like an injection conflict with some other program on your PC.

Hottest candidates are: virus scanners, any sort of CPU/GPU utilities, game video recording/streaming software, chat programs and generally everything that can show notifictations in games.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to disable/uninstall background processes that are not required. Especially the types listed above.

Thank you for answering but I have no anti virus installed. The windows os is newly installed and I almot got no software on it. I also uninstalled every other software that could potentially inject into the game already.

Ralf
    Keymaster

vorpX cannot work when the game is running on another GPU than the one you have your headset connected to.

Please use a “normal” PC gaming setup with your monitor and the headset both connected to your dedicated GPU. vorpX will not work with any other setup.

Also launch games directly from the Windows desktop without using any vr desktop software (except maybe vorpX’s own desktop viewer).

BTW: DX12 certainly won’t work, vorpX hooks DX9-11 games.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!