GHOSTRUNNER VorpX Menu Freeze & Game Freeze

Homepage Forums Technical Support GHOSTRUNNER VorpX Menu Freeze & Game Freeze

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cofresh87
    Participant

Ralf,
    I’ve had success with my VorpX experiences up until Ghostrunner. Relatively recent videos of people playing got me so excited to play, but after trying so many attempts with proper profiles, I’m facing this same issue…

Game loads up and I can use the vorpX menu, but about a minute in the menu stops working and I get an hour glass spin. If I tab out of the game and click the game window, the game starts playing, but when I put my headset on I just get a frozen still window of the game with an hour glass spinning. Seems like vorpX injects but then looses something, or my headset (rift s) is causing an issue. Yet, other games like titanfall 2 and mirrors edge catalyst work fine.

Any insight would be amazing!

Ogrescar
    Participant

Have you tried all of the ghostrunner profiles? I know with at least one of them someone used a unity profile on a unreal engine game and it isn’t very pretty, to say the least, and probably isn’t all too stable.

In any event you may have better luck switching your client to SteamVR from Oculus or vice versa.

cofresh87
    Participant

I’ve tried them all and none work:/ as well as switching to steam client vr. Same thing happens in oculus and steam once game starts going a minute or 2 in. It just freezes, hourglass and audio halts until I press tab. But when I press tab again to go back in game it’s all frozen

The videos people were playing of Ghostrunner were from 3 months ago… so could it be a potential game update that is doing this? I went back and tried my other games and they are fine with vorpX. This one just seems to dehook a minute or 2 in.

Last note – when I take off my headset the game is playable on my computer monitor but the frame rate is horrible. When I put my headset back on it freezes on both monitor and headset. Hourglass of doom!

Ralf please help🙏🏽

Ogrescar
    Participant

Could be a game update. I just ran it for about 10 minutes without any freeze ups. I didn’t check GOG to see if I have the latest, but I’m pretty sure I don’t.

One other thing – make sure you’re running in dx11 mode. The game supports dx12 but the profiles don’t.

cofresh87
    Participant

Which profile did you use? I have been only using dx11. I did read that background stuff like Nvidia overlay can mess with it? I’ll have to try turning it off

Ogrescar
    Participant

I used my own profile. I don’t remember what the base profile was, I just created it because the only profile in the cloud at the time was not very good. It’s still a work in progress though – I figured I’d check out the new cloud profiles at some point to see if they were any better than what I’d slapped together.

cofresh87
    Participant

Mannn, I just tried to use vorpX after disabling NVidia overlay and Xbox game bar and it won’t hook to anything. Just plays game in regular screen. What is going on right now? Can’t play any of the games I’ve been playing. I haven’t changed anything else:(

Update – yea vorpX isn’t hooking to anything after disabling overlays and restarting computer. Also not after re enabling overlays…

cofresh87
    Participant

Update update – got it to work again and got the game working but whenever I use the mouse on the vorpX menu the screen freezes and I have to tab back in. It works for a click and then freezes again. This is quite frustrating… any ideas?

cofresh87
    Participant

Well that seemed to stop now. Slowly getting it to work! Just can’t see the sword much in VR view. Did u see the sword being held while playing? Not for attacks just while at rest

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!