Going to Immersive Screen mode messes up controller inputs

Homepage Forums Technical Support Going to Immersive Screen mode messes up controller inputs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    legaiaflame2
    Participant

Every time I switch from Cinema Mode over to Immersive Screen mode my controller input settings don’t work right. While in Immersive Screen mode, setting buttons on the controller don’t work or the inputs I set are miss matched with the wrong inputs on my xbox 360 controller. But, Cinema mode works fine…

Just wondering why this happens or if there is any way to fix it. I tried turning off the controller in the “delete” Vorpx menu but it didn’t do anything.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Probably the game you are experiencing this with doesn’t allow mouse and gamepad input at the same time. In such games vorpX turns on its built in gamepad to mouse/kb tool whenever it has to emulate a mouse for head tracking. The alternative to doing that would be no gamepad at all together with mouse based head tracking in games that can’t handle gamepad and mouse simultaneously.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

But that doesn’t make any sense. When I’m in Cinema Mode, the controller is absolutely fine and I can map the buttons with the in-game settings fine…

So then, is there anything I can turn off in the Vorpx settings, that would allow the gamepad to function normally in Immersive Screen mode and for the buttons to be mapped correctly in game?

Ralf
    Keymaster

In cinema mode head tracking is off per default, in immersive screen mode it is not. Mouse based head tracking and native gamepad at the same time do not work in games that don’t allow gamepad and mouse input simultaneously. That’s pretty much the reason for the built-in gamepad to mouse/keyboard mapper.

To use your gamepad natively in a game that dislikes simultaneous mouse and gamepad input, you would either have to disable head tracking or alternatively configure vorpX to simulate a gamepad via head tracking instead of a mouse. Due to the heavy filtering games typically apply to gamepad input that’s fairly laggy though.

legaiaflame2
    Participant

Figured it out I had to go to, Vorpx menu(delete)/Input Settings and put override xbox gamepad to off.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Note that whenever this option is enabled per default, it is enabled on purpose for the reasons outlined above (at least in official profiles). It’s never enabled just for fun.

Unless this option happens to be enabled unnecessarily in the profile you are using (unlikely in case of an official profile), you will encounter issues with mouse based head tracking and gamepad input at the same time after disabling it. The purpose of the gamepad override option is to deal with games that do not support simultaneous mouse and gamepad input and usually is only enabled when that is the case in a game. Typical symptoms would be failing/stuttering gamepad input and/or head tracking after disabling the override.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!