Gone Home

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    golem09
    Participant

I have not bought this game yet, because I wanted to hold off until I can play it with the oculus. So, has anyone tried it out?

BadServo
    Participant

Same here. I have a pretty substantial gaming backlog, but if I knew I could Rift this one, I’d buy it right now. The temptation to do so, just to see how VorpX handles it is pretty strong.

baggyg
    Participant

On my wish list too. The developer was considering official Oculus Rift support towards the end of August, so may wait to see if anything transpires.

BadServo
    Participant

Since so many were curious (me among them), is said “screw it” and just bought the game to test. Unfortunately, it’s looking incompatible at this time. Here’s what I discovered in my brief testing.

-If you launch the game through Steam with VorpX running, it launches and runs as expected without engaging VorpX.

-If you navigate to the Steam Library folder where “Gone Home” is installed, there are two executables, “GoneHome.exe” and “GoneHome32.exe”.

-If you create a Desktop Icon via VorpX for the “GoneHome32.exe” file, then the game will load, but you will only see a completely black screen instead of the menu, but you can hear the game’s audio.

-If you enter the game during this black menu screen (enter key resumes your saved game), if will load the game (verified by the shifting sounds of rain when you move), but you still will have no visuals.

@Ralf & @Muteboy: Feel free to move this thread to the other forum since this has become more of a troubleshoots/bug-report thread that a Hint & Tip thread. Thanks.

golem09
    Participant

Since so many were curious (me among them), is said “screw it” and just bought the game to test. Unfortunately, it’s looking incompatible at this time. Here’s what I discovered in my brief testing.

-If you launch the game through Steam with VorpX running, it launches and runs as expected without engaging VorpX.

-If you navigate to the Steam Library folder where “Gone Home” is installed, there are two executables, “GoneHome.exe” and “GoneHome32.exe”.

-If you create a Desktop Icon via VorpX for the “GoneHome32.exe” file, then the game will load, but you will only see a completely black screen instead of the menu, but you can hear the game’s audio.

-If you enter the game during this black menu screen (enter key resumes your saved game), if will load the game (verified by the shifting sounds of rain when you move), but you still will have no visuals.

@Ralf & @Muteboy: Feel free to move this thread to the other forum since this has become more of a troubleshoots/bug-report thread that a Hint & Tip thread. Thanks.

Thanks a lot, I’ll not buy it yet then. Also curious about that “official oculus mode”, just like with Proteus.

Ralf
    Keymaster

I recently checked the title since it looked like a good fit for the Rift. Unfortunately it seems to use OpenGL to display the graphics, which isn’t supported by vorpX currently.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!