Graphic anomoly in Metro 2033 Redux

Homepage Forums Technical Support Graphic anomoly in Metro 2033 Redux

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Prophet
    Participant

I prefer redux to 2033 and already have that installed and running with vorpx, otherwise I’d just try regular 2033. However, it’s not running exactly right. I’ve tried all settings exhaustively, also googled many times now. I can’t seem to find my particular problem anywhere. I’ve even tried running in all screen modes as well as geometry off and both adaptive modes. adaptive will cut all bodies in half so that’s even worse. The basic problem is that even thought 3 quarters of my screen is running o.k., the bottom half will take the last part of the visuals and seems to stretch them with perfect vertical lines. to the point where you can’t make anything out. I’ve never seen anything like it and 4D is relatively new so I have no clue as to a workaround. I’ve been simply playing & ignoring it but it’s rather difficult to ignore being that it’s the entire bottom of the screen and 100% of gameplay. It doens’t seem to effect cut scenes. Any tips appreciated as I’m out of ideas and have tried many of the settings in the vorpx menu already. Thanks ahead.

Ralf
    Keymaster

Sounds like a rather odd issue, nothing I heard of before. One thing you could try is checking whether changing the game’s resolution makes a differece.

If you also have access to the ‘old’ DX9 Metro 2033, please also try that one. Looks almost identical and works just as well with vorpX.

Prophet
    Participant

Changing resolution is a thought; and, one thing I haven’t tried yet. It’s worth a shot. I did wonder if the old Metro would have the same problem. If not, might as well use that one. Thanks for the response. We’ll see how it goes.

Any other clues/tips definitely welcome!

Prophet
    Participant

Quite an old post now, but just wanted to be sure to let you (or anyone) know that it really was as simple as getting the right resolution for the game. As odd as it looked, that’s not something I would have suspected. But, it ran really well once I got all the settings right, particularly that one!

cercata
    Participant

I have the same issue, I wonder what is the “right resolution”

Anyway, I though DirectVR handled the resolution in this game.

cercata
    Participant

It seems the roght resolutions are 16:9, It’s working for me with 1920×1080

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Spread the word. Share this post!